Hello from the Netherlands!

temo44

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi,

I already made a short intro at the ask Neil forum... Sorry about that:blush:. My name is Timo and I'm 18 years old. When I was a kid I actually always wanted to play the piano, because of the beautiful classical sound. But when I grew older I was fascinated by the artists on youtube how they could do a whole song with vocals on one single guitar!
My first guitar was an old classical guitar of my gramps which I exchanged for an Morgan western acoustic guitar of €200 euros(don't know anything about good or bad guitars...:blush: does it sound good for a beginners guitar?). I also took lessons. But after a few lessons a had less and less time because of school exams, and paying 15 euro per half an hour was too much so I had to quit.
Now I found this site and I really like it! Neil is a good teacher, so I hope I'll learn a lot from him!

And sorry if my English is bad!

Cheers from Holland

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Welcome temo! Holland is well represented here and your English is excellent (so much better than our Dutch!) so hope you have a great time here. You could well be the youngest TG member yet! Willem and Anton will along shortly to great you (two lips from Amsterdam!) ;-)
CHris

AndyT

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Timo, I'm American and my english is bad too! Do not worry about it. you are doing very well so far.

The Morgan Western is a very nice guitar. I think you will like it.

Welcome to TG!

wammer

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Welcome Temo

Im sure you are going to find TG a great place to hang out. Im fairly new here myself and everyone is more than willing to help a fellow player.

Tammy

suziko

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Welcome, Temo!! This is a great site, you're right, and we have a very supportive and fun community here as well. I've learned a ton since joining and I'm sure you will, too. Suzi

dennisg

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Temo,

Welcome! Now prepare to be obsessed for the next several months. Enjoy yourself, and take advantage of everything and everyone on the site.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

jayswett

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Oh, how I wish I could be 18 again. Temo, do us all a favor and promise yourself that you won't make the same mistake many of us middle aged types did when we were young. That is, left our guitars to collect dust for a prolonged period of time. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

BobR

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Temo,

Welcome. I am sure you will be glad you joined. My experience so far has been great, there is so much to learn, and all the TG team and members are always supportive and willing to help.

Bob (from Massachusetts)

tovo

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:22 am

Temo greetings from Australia. Your English is excellent mate and I should know because we took the language from the Brits and improved on it. :)

Great to have another member from the Netherlands, hope you learn a lot here and enjoy yourself on the forum as well.

Chasplaya

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 am

Welcome Timo to TG, QUite possibly the youngest member to date so no pressure mate. Its been said already but don't do what many of us have done and give up too quickly. Had this site been around when i was 18,, difficult cos no internet back then lol but I would be waaaay beter than i am now. If you can put up with the zany elderstatesmen humour you'll do fine. Feel free to jump in any time and contribute/ask question/offer advice/ask for advice /express opinion, whatever just get involved man.

Good to see you here

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic