Re-introduction - fjvdb becomes CoClimber

Moondog

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Sounds like a great adventure.
Stay safe and I look forward to reading your blogs.

Mike

coclimber

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks all, yeah, we are very excited.

Chris -- thank you! We've both climbed in Switzerland before, and I spent 2 weeks there a few years back. Awesome country, to say the least. Once we get in the area, I'll definitely let you know.

Andy -- Thanks to you as well. I have spent some time climbing in Hawaii, actually, and you're right -- there's not much. Hawaii I don't think is on our itinerary this time around, but thank you for the offer.

Bear, Marc, Bob, and Mike -- thanks as well. I'll do my best to keep the TG blog up to date. We're taking a net book with us so we can stay in touch, and do the photography and writing we've wanted to do for a while. I have every intention of learning more TARGET songs as we go, and play with folks along the way, so I trust I'll have stories to tell.

Cheers,
Fred

AndyT

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am

Take a video cam with you and as you meet new people around the world, film yourself playing guitar with them. New lands, new music. That would be a great addition to your blog.

tovo

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:28 am

BigBear wrote:
Fred- I'm green with envy! Have a spectacular trip and I can't wait to read your blog. I hope you enjoy every second of it!

Bon voyage and be well!! :cheer:
Fred I'm green with envy as well....see??

Congrats on such a bold decision and I wish you and your family all the best with the adventure that will unfold. Living overseas is a big change but a great life experience. I'd like to stir Chas a bit more and say skip NZ and come to Australia, but if I'm honest, NZ is definitely a beautiful country and well worth the visit. But...Europe first. Hope you really enjoy the experience.

mark

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:35 am

I'm green with envy as well.

Don't be nervous about travelling. The hardest part is making the decision to do it.
Once you are doing it, you wont believe how easy it is.

Looking forward to your blog.

Catman

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 am

Cool!

If you get to Israel you're both invited for food, drinks, and a jam. But not much in the way of climbing...

David

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 am

Fred:

Congrats and good luck with the move! I would find it tough to leave Colorado though, as the Rockies would be pulling me back. Living here in California, the Sierras are my haven. However, if you are heading to Europe, I am sure you can keep your climbing habit.....lol I am glad to hear that you are able to stay connected here at TG!

Take care and have a grand adventure. Look forward to your blog and forum posts!

MJ

waggis

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Welcome CoClimber,

Yes, I was having some difficulty pronouncing fjvdb. I thought it might be Züri-Dütsch at first...lol

As a fellow climber I can tell you there is no shortage of Great Climbs here in Europe. But if you have already been here, then you already know. The only difference might be the lack of a true wilderness like you might have in the Colorado Rockies. Seems there is always a mountain hut close by, no matter where you go. (Great if you want to grab a cold beer after a hard climb)

Hope you have a great adventure exploring the globe!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

... I was thinking Bern-Dütsch Waggis :-).

Not only are there huts near by, you can sit on the loo at 2400 meters looking out the heart-shaped cut out window in the wooden door and you've got the Eiger at eye level. Or sit on the throne next door and you've got the Jung Frau framed in the cut-out window! Cute!

coclimber

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. We're into our full court press to get our house and stuff packed up in time.

We're lucky enough to have done a fair bit of European climbing (a major reason we're moving there), and my wife has done some skiing in Chamonix and Switzerland. We're excited to get into the alps again, to be sure!

Can't wait to rendezvous with guitar friends in person... many thanks again! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic