Re-introduction - fjvdb becomes CoClimber

coclimber

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Hello again - this is a reintroduction -- I've been a member since May '09, but with an un-pronounce-able username. After having several requests to have something people could actually pronounce, and being in the midst of a big life change, I decided to go ahead and switch.

My name is Fred, but there are already several Freds as TARGET members, so I decided not use a Fred-centric username. Instead, I'm switching to the username that I use for my gmail account.

CoClimber -- I'm a Colorado climber, so it fits and one can actually say it. :)

The big life change? My wife and I decided to quit our jobs and move to Europe from the US! We've always wanted to live abroad, and so we decided to bite the bullet and just go for it. I'm an EU citizen, so visa hassles are a non-issue. And, to make it more exciting, we're going to be doing some open-ended traveling first, starting in S.E. Asia and going ... who knows where? New Zealand? China? India? Its all on the table. We leave in one week! I'm bringing my baby Taylor, and will have to say a temporary goodbye to my Larrivee until we settle down again.

I intend to keep a TG blog, as I hope to be playing music as much as possible as we travel. And, if there are any of you TGers that would like to meet up as we cruise around and/or when we land in Europe, please don't hesitate to drop me a line -- we'd love to meet you wherever and whenever we can.

Cheers.

BigBear

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Fred- I'm green with envy! Have a spectacular trip and I can't wait to read your blog. I hope you enjoy every second of it!

Bon voyage and be well!! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Fred or Coco (can't help but abbreviate things lol) , great courage to do what you plan with travel, should you make it to New Zealand, you'd have to stop by we have spare rooms aplenty and spare guitars lol. One thing I didn't realise you could change your username, it was mentioned waaaay back that if you did it would be like a new account and everything would be zeroed, obviously not the case now.

coclimber

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Hi Fred or Coco (can't help but abbreviate things lol) , great courage to do what you plan with travel, should you make it to New Zealand, you'd have to stop by we have spare rooms aplenty and spare guitars lol. One thing I didn't realise you could change your username, it was mentioned waaaay back that if you did it would be like a new account and everything would be zeroed, obviously not the case now.
Thanks, much! I'll certainly reach out if and when we land in NZ ... yes, its definitely a step we're both excited and nervous about!

(And thanks to Mike at TG for making the switch without losing all of my previous posts, etc.)

Cheers,
Fred

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Hey Fred, just give me a shout if you are in Switzerland..... lots of climbing here! Would be happy to hear from you. Chris

AndyT

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Not much climbing in Hawaii, but give us a shout if you pass through.

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 pm

AndyT wrote:
Not much climbing in Hawaii, but give us a shout if you pass through.
Hmm try here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... awaii.html

AndyT

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Well, there is that. But I was speaking relatively. Relative to Switzerland, there is little climbing here.
;)

BobR

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow that sure sounds exciting. Hope you have "the time of your life", get it? A little Green Day humor.

Anyway keep on strumming wherever you go.

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Fred this is an amazing decision you guys are taking, travelling the world with no other purpose than discovering. I am looking forward to read your blog.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic