Hello from Glen Ellyn Illinois!

BRBbrb

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 am

Hi fellow Illinoisian! We're not really known for music here in IL; but we can claim Dan Fogelberg! (exception-Chicago Blues) Welcome; how do you like your Breedlove? I know Guitar Center emphasizes them. Oh & yes; we are froze over :blush:

hasben

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am

Hello Ted,

Welcome here! You probably know that many of us share your personal guitar history and I believe you have found a home. I think you will find that the folks that post on this forum are friendly, funny and most generally open to newcommers like me and you. Feel free to participate!
And of course, practice. Neil's personal responses to those brave enough to post their videos are so very interesting. I find myself watching... let's take Tovo for example... and asking myself what isn't quite right about Tovo's take on "Norwegian Wood"? (Hope you don't mind, Tony. I share your pain.) Then Neil breaks it down so we common folks have an Ah Ha moment... Not exactly Eurika!! but just enough for us to work on. Perfect teaching. Thanks for becoming public, brother, and I look forward to hearing how you progress.

Fred, Muskogee Oklahoma

hasben

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:47 am

Oh, Ted, forgot to ask: Isn't Glen Ellyn a scotch whiskey? Single malt I think.... Got a lotta Scotties up there in Illinois? There seems to be a bunch here at TG! Myself included, several generations removed.

:) Fred

BobR

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Welcome Ted,

If you're looking to learn and have a good time you came to the right place. Neil and the whole TG team are great, not to mention all the helpful members.

Bob

Massachusetts

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Welcome Ted and enjoy the ride. Look forward to seeing you around the forums and groups. And I promise.... no lawyer jokes!

6stringwannabe

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome and insights. I do plan on joining Target as soon as it is feesible.

Can't say for certain about the quote being Chopins...considering he was a pianist of fame...but thats what the qoutation websites say so I'll go with that. Zithers and sack-butts...don't know but he may have been speaking about the zither is my guess.

Glen Ellyn is frozen over but not sure about the lake. I can't see why it wouldn't be. Nice place though. Not much of a scotch drinker but there is a Glen Ellen wine but not from here is Illinois.

Lawyer jokes: Well, I think I have heard most of them so give it a shot; but turnaround is fair play!!!

6stringwannabe

6stringwannabe

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:06 pm

just testing as I learn how to use the site!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:52 pm

6stringwannabe wrote:

Lawyer jokes: Well, I think I have heard most of them so give it a shot; but turnaround is fair play!!!

6stringwannabe
God decided to take the devil to court and settle their differences once and for all. Satan heard this, laughed and said, “And where do you think you’re going to find a lawyer?”

I'm a Training Manager go for it!

wrench

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 am

Welcome aboard from New England. Enjoy the ride.

wrench

6stringwannabe

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:09 am

Chasplaya wrote:

God decided to take the devil to court and settle their differences once and for all. Satan heard this, laughed and said, “And where do you think you’re going to find a lawyer?”
______

That was pretty good; have'nt heard that one before. Thanks for the laugh.

An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and a bucket of buffalo manure in the other. He says to the waiter, “Me want coffee. The waiter says, “Sure chief, coming right up.” He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee, and the Indian drinks it down in one
gulp, picks up the bucket of manure, throws it into the air, blasts it with the shotgun, then just walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns. He has his shotgun in one hand and a bucket of manure in the other. He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter, “Me want coffee. The waiter says, “Whoa, Tonto. We’re still cleaning up your mess from the last time you were here. What the heck was all that about, anyway?”
“Me a Training Manager for upper management. Come in, drink coffee, shoot the s__t and disappear for rest of the day”.

_______
btw, how do you create the box with the quote in it?

6stringwannabe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic