New to this

millponddave

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Well here goes. I live in Utah and have been trying to learn guitar for a few years. Not a easy thing to do at age fifty-five. My fourteen year old son has past me up big time! I am thrilled to find this site. It is exactly what I have been needing. I finally feel like I may make some progress.

tovo

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Dave, glad to have you with us. You should improve quickly with the instruction and motivation you get from other members. The site is huge and the forum very active so the biggest danger is spending all your time on the forum and not enough practicing!

Welcome aboard.

haoli25

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Welcome Dave. Your story is like that of many on this site, you are in very good company now. Neil's lessons are the best and I have no doubt that you will progress quickly. If you have any suggestions, tips, opinions, or questions, this is the place to share them. Glad to have you as part of TG.

Bill

michelew

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:08 am

Dave, Hi fron SYdney. You'll love it here. It is the best and most fun way to learn. Before you know it you'll be posting videos of your playing and looking for open mike nights. Have fun and see you around.

BigBear

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:54 am

Hi Dave! Big welcome from Oregon from a fellow 55 year old! Man, are you going to fit in here!

Great introduction, thanks for posting it. You will find more great info here than you can possibly use and more great people to help you use it.

If you are just starting out, may I suggest starting with Neil's Acoustic Genius series? It is a fabulous resource and even if you know some of it it is an excellent refresher course.

This community of people are incredibly kind and encouraging. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask even if you just need some moral support. Everybody has trouble with F and barre chords! lol!

Good luck on your guitar journey! Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 am

Welcome Dave, its mostly been said this is the right place as most will quickly testify. Great teacher and great friends and the odd chappie from Switzerland who will no doubt show up shortly blowing his matterhorn at you lol!

reiver

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:25 am

Hi from the UK. Hope you have a lot of fun here, as well becoming a better guitarist.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

r

AndyT

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:36 am

Aloha Dave!

Rick is correct when he says we all have trouble with Bear chords. ;)

Welcome to TG! Have a question? Just ask. If we don't know, we'll make up an answer just for you! LOL

Lavallee

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Dave, welcome to TG from Canada, I am certain that you will have a lot of fun learning here.

Marc

wrench

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 am

Hello Dave, and welcome from New England. Hang on, you're not gonna believe this....

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic