Hello from Portugal

abiliog

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:28 am

Hello TG,
I'm a 47 years old portuguese man living in Lisbon, Portugal, and my musical history is just like so many others around the globe.
Born with this love for music and specially guitar, but for so many reasons I've never started to learn or even to play.
About one year ago, for the 52357 time, once again, I was watching my TV and talking with myself: Why not? Now? Am I too old for this?
Then I've heard this man on TV: "Yes we can". And he was saying this all the time. Well. I don't want to run for President, just want to learn music and play the guitar, so, maybe I can.
The Beatles give another push:

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.

And I got love. So after a year seeking through the Internet for a good teacher, and learning some disconnected lessons in the way, I found this site and finally, I think I've found what I need. An excelent teacher, structure theory lessons, plenty of good songs to learn, good team. So the rest is up to me.

I subscribed Target Program a month or two ago and like someone in the TG Forum wrote (sorry I can't remember the name) "Neil doesn't only teach songs, he teach how to play the guitar", and that is the reason why I am here too.

So, this is a part of me...

jayswett

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 am

Good choice. There are indeed many guitar sites out there, and the Target Program is head and shoulders above the others. No question. You might be the first person from Portugal to introduce himself. I'd love to visit your country one day.

Catman

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 am

Welcome aboard.

You're absolutely right--you've found an excellent teacher. Combine that with a great bunch of talented people who have a lot to contribute and provide great examples to motivate others, and you know you're at the right place.

Now just try to stay off the site long enough to practice occasionally... :)

David

Lavallee

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 am

Hi Abilog, welcome to TG from Montreal,Canada. You made a very good choice by joining. I am glad you did not find 47 years old not too old to try something fun as I am older than you :) You will find that the site will become a closed friend as there are so many people that can listen to you when you need it and also benefit from your observations and point of view.

Marc

RicksPick

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 am

Hello Abilog

Welcome from the UK

So much to learn and contribute here
Will keep you So busy

RickPick

prawnpig

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 am

welcome i too am 47 years old and share a similar story always loved the guitar always wanted to play but life got in the way but now am playing and learning on the best guitar site on the net

reiver

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am

Hi from the UK. Good to have you with us and I hope you have a lot of fun learning to play guitar here at TG.

r

dennisg

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:40 am

Greetings from Seattle, Abilog. You're going to love it here.

- Dennis

waggis

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:41 am

Welcome to the Klub!
You're never too old to start learning guitar. Besides, you are still younger than me by a few years. :ohmy:

BobR

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Welcome abiliog,

There's so much to offer here you be so glad you joined.

Bob

from Massachusetts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic