Hello From Mississippi

scotta

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Hello everyone from the unusually frigid deep south. After spending a month or so browsing the site and reading the forums from the background, I guess it's time I jump in and get involved. I don't want to be that weird guy in the corner who's always watching but never speaks! Here we go!

My name is Scott, I'm 40 years old, and I am from Madison, Mississippi. My story seems to be a lot like many others I've read here. I took a few guitar lessons twenty years ago and learned some basics. Since then I've played on and off (more off than on) but haven't gotten past the point of playing a few easy songs, picking a little, and a few intros to songs. I've never really known how or what to practice or what I could realistically hope to play at my level. This led to frustration and more "off" periods. Recently though, I got the guitar out and starting searching youtube for someone that could teach me some Neil Young tunes. That's where I found Neil Hogan and TG. Wow! This was what I had been looking for. An excellent teacher and an incredible amount of information in one place. I think this site gives me the structure and instruction that I need to really start progressing. And from what I've seen, there appears to be a great support group within the Target community. I don't believe I've seen that anywhere else. So, with that said, I'm looking forward to learning with and from y'all.

And by the way: That Neil Young song I was looking for!
I just finished learning 'My My Hey Hey' (one of my favorites) from start to finish and it's sounding pretty good. Now that's progression!

Thanks, Scott

haoli25

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Welcome Scott. It is good to have you with us. You are right, these are the best lessons and the best community on the internet. Your tips, opinions, and questions are always welcome here.

Bill

waggis

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Welcome Scott from the snow covered peaks of the Swiss Alps!

Yodel lee hee toooo!

I wonder if Neil can Yodel for us sometime? :)

Yamaha48

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello Scott.

Warm welcome here,i hope to find your own way.
You can lern a lot off tunes,and meet a lot of
friends here.

Greet Anton

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi Scott and Welcome to Tg and the Forum. Glad you jumped on in. that corner can get darn lonely, although did you know playing into a corner can help the acoustic sound of a guitar lol

Look foward to learning on that same journey as you man, jump in any old time with tip, question, advice or even Better to poke fun at BigBear Lol.

Chas New Zealand

Lavallee

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Scott welcome from Montreal, Canada. I am also glad you decided to introduce yourself as it is one of the first step to participate in the forum. If you can, why don" t you post a video of you playing My My Hey Hey, you will only get positive feedback.

Marc

tovo

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi Scott, welcome from Australia. Glad to see you are already benefiting from the site. Hope to see you participating in the forums. Enjoy.

dennisg

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi Scott,

Welcome from Seattle, home of the worst sports teams in America. You're going to love it here. So that you know, the amount of enjoyment you get increases dramatically when you participate in the forums.

- Dennis

sws626

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Scott,

Welcome. Your story reminds me a lot of my own. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Stuart

- Though living in the UK now, I was born and spent my early childhood just over the border from you in Tuscaloosa.

Craig

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi Scott, welcome from San Diego, California.
Our stories are very similar...I think you will find the site as encouraging and positive as I have.
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic