Hello from Vancouver Island

prawnpig

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Hello, My name is Dave i am 48 and my story is much the same some lesson,s lots of frustrations, found Neil on youtube joined target right at the start but have not been active until recently, Fell like i have direction now and it would appear some great support look forward to making freinds and learning the guitar

tovo

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Dave, glad to see you active on the site. I know from your profile that you work in the Salmon industry? What's the story behind "prawnpig"? Anyway, welcome, if not to the site then to the community of obsessed individuals who can't go 10 minutes without logging on!

prawnpig

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Prawnpig is a well earned nickname from a bbq a couple of years ago where my wifes cousin and i made a spectical of ourselves when we decided to have a prawn eating contest we devoured about 12 pounds between us and there we stood covered in butter and prawn juice when one of the crowd yelled out what a couple of prawnpigs. And i have used it as my user name since.

tovo

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:34 pm

prawnpig wrote:
Prawnpig is a well earned nickname from a bbq a couple of years ago where my wifes cousin and i made a spectical of ourselves when we decided to have a prawn eating contest we devoured about 12 pounds between us and there we stood covered in butter and prawn juice when one of the crowd yelled out what a couple of prawnpigs. And i have used it as my user name since.
Ah yes, now I remember. I recall you have told that story before, and I even read it...but I couldn't remember where. Having thought about it for 10 seconds, I'm tipping though it would be in the thread about "what's the meaning behind your user name"..... but clearly I was far too lazy to look....or think.

Thanks for saving me the trouble! :)

BigBear

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey Dave! I don't remember if I've said Hello before so please forgive me if I have. Big welcome from Oregon. I've spent a fair amount of time on your beautiful island, mostly chasing fish!

Good luck with this site and let us know if we can ever be of help!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi Dave,

Like tovo I thought I had read this info before. Anyway Welcome from Massachusetts.

See you around the forums

Bob

Lavallee

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 am

Hi Dave, welcome to TG from Montreal. Glad you decided to introduce yourself. We all have a similar guitar story and it is probably why that everybody get along so well.

Marc

Catman

Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 am

Dave, a warm welcome from Israel.

I must say that I really enjoyed my one visit to Vancouver Island (in fact I really enjoyed all of my one visit to Canada). My wife was really afraid of the bears, but we didn't see any.

David

dennisg

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Dave,

A big welcome from Dennis, just down the coast in Seattle. I've done the Trek Tri-Island ride several times and ended up on your beautiful island.

snipe

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Welcome aboard dave. Im in your neighborhood!

Snipe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic