Hello from Reno, NV

JetReno

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi all. My story seems similar to a lot of other posts in that I have always wanted to play, but just never got around to it. I was totally into the Beatles in my youth. I bought a guitar and took a few lessons when I was about 19, but was in college and working so could never devote the time. When John Lennon was killed, I vowed that I would learn to play the guitar, however, I was 21, in upper level Chemical Engineering classes and really, really had no time. Then, career, kids etc etc. About 10 years ago, I got serious and started taking lesson and doing my half hour a day. Things were going along pretty well, then I broke my wrist snowboarding. That put things on hold. 6 weeks after I got my cast off, I broke the other wrist playing softball. That really put things on hold. OK, so all of a sudden another 7 years went by and I hadn't done any more playing. The we went camping one weekend with some other families, and we were all sitting aroung the campfire, singing songs that nobody could remember the words to and it was pretty lame. When we got back home, I finally said, I am going to learn to play. Since then, I have been practicing virtually every day, trying to learn a mix of songs, scales, theory and anything I can absorb. Like anything, the better you get at something the more you like it and I am definitley loving it. I was constantly searching the net for songs and TG came up a couple of times. I must have signed up for something as I started getting emails. I got curious about the Target Program and watched one of the Live sessions and that did the trick. Since then, I learned several new songs and my biggest problem is deciding what to work on each night. So, at least for my level, which is, I guess, is in the transitional stage from beginner to intermediate, TG is is just awesome. So thank you Neil and the rest of the staff, you really have put together a significant website and I am sure it will benefit a lot of people at all levels. Keep practicing everyone, that is all it takes to get where you want to be.

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Nice intro Jet Welcome to TG. Wierd how so many stories are similar much like many f us (without the broken wrists though) ouch!
Thats a common difficulty picking what to do, due to the amount of info on this site, and the friendly banter that goes on between members is great at times.

Chas

tovo

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi Jet from Australia. Nice introduction. I hope you will continue to enjoy learning here and actively participate in the community.

tom18

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Greetings Jet and welcome. I say that like I'm a lifer but I've only been on board a few days. I also let chemistry distract me for a time; now let's rock!
Tom

tom18

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Greetings Jet and welcome. I say that like I'm a lifer but I've only been on board a few days. I also let chemistry distract me for a time; now let's rock!
Tom

BobR

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Welcome Jet,

Great intro. I am sure you'll have a great time here. And learn some guitar as well :laugh:

Bob
MA.

Lavallee

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Jet, welcome from warm Canada. I am certain that you will have a good time here sharing our common passion.

Marc

haoli25

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 am

Welcome Jet. Glad you decided to join us. You are really going to love this site. By far, the best lessons on the internet and some great people here that are willing to help you if you need it. If you have any questions, just ask.

Bill

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 am

A hearty welcome from Seattle, Jet. Enjoy the site.

- Dennis

RicksPick

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 am

Hi Jet

Welcome from the UK

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic