Hello from Reno, NV

waggis

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 am

Welcome Jet to TG. College actually had a positive influence in my guitar interests as it brought me together with other students from around the globe. We would sit around on the beach in San Diego burning wooden pallets we stole from Safeway and play guitars. I guess this was reflected sometimes on my poor test results.

I wonder if we should start a group for Chemists. Perhaps we could discuss the chemical composition of the various guitar parts.
;)

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am

Welcome Jet from Reno. Glad you are here with us. I majored in "chemistry" way back in the early 70's while getting a degree in English. And later, biochemistry nearly "distracted" me out of dental school. :)

You are like so many of us here-- returning to their guitars after laying
them down many years ago. Enjoy yourself here.

Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am

Hey Jet! Welcome form Ventura, CA. Great intro. I can relate to the lack of time for so long. This site will certainly help motivate you to find the time.

Living in Reno gives you great access to some beautiful camping country. I do the East side of the Sierras two to three times every year. Usually down in between Bishop and Mammoth though. It is very fun to have the guitar in camp, and to actually KNOW how to play a song. That is one of my biggest reasons for being here. That and the great friends I have met here.

Have fun, and I look forward to hearing more from you!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Jet welcome to whereit'sat! Hope you enjoy TARGET. Just cancel the softball and snowboarding for a while! Chris in Switzerland

dekotaj

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey Jet,Welcome to TG,Enjoy.

Kevin
(Illinois)

BigBear

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Jet- Big welcome from Oregon! Great intro! Are you now a chemical engineer? There are lots of us engineers on this site (I'm a civil) so we are the constant butt of all the nerd, dweeb, geek jokes!! They're just jealous that we can talk with both words and numbers!

You're going to love this site! We always say we're like "kids in a candy store"! Choosing what to play is really a challenge. I probably really like about 85% of what Neil had done so every practice session is a battle between getting really good at a song or learning a new one. Such choices!

Let us know if we can ever help you out and don't be a stranger on the forum!

Cheers! :cheer:

JetReno

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 am

Thank you for the welcome. I was an engineer for Amoco Oil in Wyoming then in Chicago for 8 years. I then, for some unknown reason, bought a plumbing company in Reno (where I grew up) and now have it and am opeining up a small bar and restaurant. Hard to say why things go like they do? I love playing because it just is so relaxing, but I also love the challenge and how everything has a reason and makes sense ( at some time after hours of digging into it). Anyway, thanks again for the encouraging words.

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:51 pm

JetReno wrote:
am opeining up a small bar and restaurant. Hard to say why things go like they do?
Hmmm open Mic nights for TG'ers maybe?

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Jet - Hi from Sydney - I also trained and worked for a while as a development chemist and Chemical Engineer, but now I'm on the other side of the fence and regulate industry. I'm in the environmental policy scene.

I think you'll love it here. This site will really launch your guitar learning to new heights. Have fun.

Michele

prawnpig

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 am

Wwlcome from vancouver island simply put the best guitar site on the net enjoy
Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic