Hello from Brussels

gihan

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 am

Hi, I'm originally from Montreal, Canada, but now living in Brussels, Belgium. I played classical guitar as a child (9-13) but then became "too cool" - an immature decision which I will always regret (but at least I can finger pick and read music). After that I barely touched a guitar until recently - I've been playing again for about 1 year now, so I guess I'm still a beginner on the cusp of intermediate ;-). I've got a Washburn D10SDL guitar which I love.

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Gihan from Australia. Been following your thread on female artists so you're obviously not afraid to jump right in which is great. I've spent some time in Brussels, nice place. I guess it's safe to assume you are a French speaker. I found Montreal felt like Europe to me when I was there. Glad to have another lady on the forum to balance the opinions a little. Welcome.

gihan

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 am

English speaker actually, born in Toronto, I just keep finding myself in places where they speak French :S ...which is actually cool. Once I get a few English songs down (I know quite a few now, but play none of them exceptionally) I'd like to try a few French ones. But since singing and playing at the same time are still quite a challenge for me, I'll be sticking with English for now. :)

waggis

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:48 am

Welcome Gihan.

Brussels is not to far from Switzerland. I guess you will be singing French Chansons soon. Liked your thread on female artists. Good Luck!

michelew

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 am

Gihan - It really is great to have you on board. You're already balancing some of the testosterone around here. And we seem to have some favourite artist in common which is great. I can't wait to see your first post. See you around the forum. If you're anything like me you'll love it around here - so much to learn, so much inspiration and fun too.

RicksPick

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 am

Hello Gihan

Hmmmm my favorite vegtable
Not only just for Xmas
Never been to Brussels but always wanted too
Just to see the fields full of them.

RicksPick

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:19 am

michelew wrote:
Gihan - It really is great to have you on board. You're already balancing some of the testosterone around here.
Testosterone...is not a dirty word Michele! ;)

Gihan I wish you well with your guitar based goals. I think singing and playing at the same time gets easier with some practice.

sws626

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:36 am

Welcome, Gihan. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Your experience is similar to a lot of ours. Are you still interested in playing classical guitar?

That Washburn is a very nice guitar, with workmanship, materials, and tone that are hard to beat in its price range.

Stuart

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 am

Gihan,

Welcome to the site, and we appreciate the added estrogen. I had a Washburn from the 1920s that I ended up selling for about 30 bucks, a decision I've regretted for many years.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

haoli25

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:55 am

Welcome Gihan. It is very nice to have you with us. I think you will really like this site. Neil has the best lessons on the internet and we have the best members here to encourage and help you if you need it. Your tips, opinions, and questions are always welcome here.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic