Hello from Brussels

suziko

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 am

Hi Gihan and welcome to TG! I agree with Michele- it's always nice to have another woman here to help balance things out. Though we're lucky to have a pretty great group of guys here at TG; you only have to put up with minor chest-beating from time-to-time. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you post a video, and feel free to ask any questions you might have about this site. Suzi

Lavallee

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am

Bonjour Gihan,welcome to TG from Montreal (Longueuil). Glad you decided to join the site. There are a so many lessons to choose from which should keep you busy for quite a while. That was great that you already openned a thread.

Marc

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 am

Welcome Gihan! That chest beating sound you may hear from time to time is actually me banging the low E string while playing and open C chord (still having problems with pick control).

Dennis, I had a washboard from the 20's but traded it in for an automatic wringer model. :)

Enjoy the entire site, Gihan, and good luck with your lessons.

Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma, usa

gihan

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - was really happy to see the interest that thread generated and I look forward to having some new estrogen-infused tunes to learn soon :)

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

Gihan:

Welcome from Ventura, CA. Glad you found the site and decided to give it a go. If you are on the verge of intermediate, you will be full-fledged in no time.

Playing and singing at the same time is very difficult for me as well. One or the other (or usually both) suffers when I give it a go...... :S

What are your musical interests, and who are your favorite artists?

MJ

BobR

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Welcome Gihan,

I am sure your adventure here will be fun. There is so much here to learn
Bob
(from Massachusetts)

dekotaj

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Hey Gihan.Welcome To TG,alot of good folks here.So enjoy.

Kevin
(Northern Illinois)

BigBear

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi Gihan! Big welcome from Oregon! Don't worry too much about all the comedians and comediennes on this site. They are mostly harmless!

You won't see much standard notation around here. It's becoming a lost art due to tab. But it's always a great thing to know. But that will be the least of you challenges with all the great content here on TARGET. And the people are pretty cool too. :laugh:

Best wishes for your guitar journey and let us know if we can ever help you with anything!

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Welcome to TG Gihan. I think by now you have found out what a wonderful place this is and believe me it only gets better as we progress on our journey. Great thread on female artists by the way, great to stir the guys up from time to time , and that thread certainly did that and inspired a lot of interest.

Look forward to your contributions to the site.

Chas

michelew

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:54 pm

tovo wrote:
michelew wrote:
Gihan - It really is great to have you on board. You're already balancing some of the testosterone around here.
Testosterone...is not a dirty word Michele! ;)

Gihan I wish you well with your guitar based goals. I think singing and playing at the same time gets easier with some practice.
Tony - (sorry to hijack your thread for a second Gihan) - I was going to add "Not that there's anything wrong with that ....(testosterone)...", but decided to leave it hanging there (so to speak). :P :silly: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic