Hello from Bellingham, WA

sws626

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 am

Welcome, d_dog. Enjoyed your "Sister Goldenhair" video.

Stuart

wrench

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 am

Welcome aboard d_dog. Sounds like you're a TG blood relative. Since you're into tech, check out the Groups. We have groups for recording, software, etc. I think you will like it here, and your first day made quite a splash. Sister Golden Hair was excellent. It took a while for some of us to get up the nerve to post videos, but singing is a line few have crossed, and the courage earns to do so earns much respect here.

wrench

tom18

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:28 am

Hi d-dog and welcome to TG. I've only been on board a short time but it really is a great site; enjoy.
Tom

hasben

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:02 am

Welcome d_dog! You have found a home here. I haven't yet viewed Sister Golden Hair but will shortly. I enjoyed your introduction, and speaking as an elder (59) you are welcome and we look forward to hearing from you more in the future.

I spent many summer vacations with my Aunt and Uncle on Whidbey Island so I am familiar with your "neck of the woods". Beautiful play to live.

Enjoy yourself here-- I know you will!
Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma

BobR

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am

Welcome Dog.

Great introduction and I already viewed your Sister golden Hair before I saw this. You'll fit right in. Keep the videos coming

Bob

dennisg

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Welcome, Dog, from down I-5 in Seattle. Always good to have another Washingtonian on the site.

This site is filled with things to learn and do. But what I've found to be its greatest feature is the fountain of inspiration it provides. Just being a member here and participating in the forums delivers all the incentive I need to practice every day and try things I never thought I could do.

I share three of your interests: 1. Almost every song I'll ever upload will contain singing; I'm much less interested in fingerpicking melodies than I am in making the guitar parts of songs with lyrics as fleshed out as it makes sense to do, in balance with the singing; 2. I love karaoke, and twice a year my wife and I have karaoke parties at our house (yeah, it's nerdy, but my friends love it); and 3. Speaking of nerdy, I'm also a huge Mac fan, and I'm anxiously awaiting January 27th when Apple announces its tablet computer.

Enjoy the site. I see you're already off to a good start by posting a video. We have long-time TG-ers who still haven't posted (cough, cough, Chas, cough).

- Dennis

hasben

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Chas is grooming.

RicksPick

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Dog

Nice to have another youngster here of the same age as myself

RicksPick

kenoakee

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 pm

welcome d_dog
even though i'm not a TARGET member yet(been a free member since the sites infinant stages) this site has been an incredible help ...im sure you will thouroughly enjoy it here

hasben

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:58 pm

hasben wrote:
Chas is grooming.
Sorry folks, I meant Chas is "gloaming". Chris is grooming.

Again, welcome dog. Feel free to join in the fun.

Hasben

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic