Hi From Palm Coast Florida!

timgen

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:42 pm

I've been a target member for about 6 months now and haven't used the forums yet, but my new years resolution is to be more active in the community. I'm 46 years old, married with 2 kids, and have been playing the guitar on and off since the 80's. In the past 6-8 months however, I've been trying to play every day. I owe that to Neal's instruction; he's an excellent teacher that makes learning guitar fun and exciting.

For Christmas I bought myself a Taylor 414 LTD, with that and this site, maybe I can get good. :)

tovo

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi Tim, nice intro and nice guitar. I play a 410ce and the other thing we have in common is I'm 46 also, but I have a couple more kids. Get busy mate! Glad to see you active on the site, the only negative of that decision is that is tends to cut into your practice time. Tearing yourself away from the forum can be difficult at times.

Enjoy.

haoli25

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Welcome Tim. Glad to have you with us. Nice intro. Your story is similar to many on this site. We are about to begin another TARGET LIVE Webinar. Click on the TARGET button and scoll down to "TotallyGuitars LIVE".

Bill

dennisg

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Tim,

Since you've been here for six months, I can't very well say Welcome to the site. But I can say Welcome to the forums. It's much more fun to participate than to lurk, as you'll find out.

Congratulations on purchasing a fabulous guitar. As you probably know by now, there are many Taylor evangelists on this site, including me (614ce). I've seen photos of the LTD Edition 414s, and they're gorgeous. May it be a faithful companion to you for many decades to come.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

Lavallee

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Tim welcome to the forum from Montreal Canada. Looking forward to read your opinions or watch a guitar video from you.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi Tim welcome to the Forums, the best timewaster there is lol

Chas

Craig

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Tim! Congratulations on your new guitar! The forum is great, but Tony speaks the truth...I've had to set a timer for myself to get off the site and pick up my guitar!
Welcome!
Craig

dekotaj

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey Tim, Welcome.And enjoy,Lots of good people here to help with what ever you might need.

Kevin
(North Ill.)

BigBear

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Big welcome from Oregon, Tim! We're glad to have you with us! Great intro by the way; thanks for posting it.

Another proud Taylor owner! I have a 314ce and an 855. I love them both but don't tell Chas, he is insanely jealous of all us Taylor owners! I would say by brand, there are more Taylors on this site than any other guitar. That should tell you something about customer satisfaction.

Anyway, as you get back in to the guitar you will really enjoy all the great resources and especially the people here; a truly supportive group. Even if you get sick of the guitar just post your frustration and you'll get more encouragement than you can possibly handle!

Let us know if we can ever help you with anything and good luck on your guitar journey!

Happy playin'! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm

BigBear wrote

Another proud Taylor owner! I have a 314ce and an 855. I love them both but don't tell Chas, he is insanely jealous of all us Taylor owners! I would say by brand, there are more Taylors on this site than any other guitar. That should tell you something about customer satisfaction.
Jealous I don't think so!! So many Taylors due to saturation of the market, just common as muck really! Customer satisfaction due to the fact they haven't tried a Cole Clark yet lol!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic