Hello Jim

Welcome from the UK
Always glad to have new faces here
So jump in the waters warm

RicksPick

hasben

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Welcome Jim,

I am a beginner too and have been for thirty or so years. I was self-taught; and was I prime example that you are only as good as your teacher. :)

To begin with I would look at Neil's 14 open chords-- I think they are Lesson 1 titled Open Chords. Neil has some great tips on where to put your fingers and how to practice. Then when your fingers get sore (quickly at first) spend the rest of your practice session with Music Theory. I will seem a slow go at first but I promise you that just six months or so you'll be playing a bunch of songs.

Have fun. Fred from Muskogee Oklahoma

leeson

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Welcome Jim,

I live in Santa Fe, too!! How cool. I have been a member of TG for nine months or so and I can't believe how it has reinvigorated my playing. You could box up what is on the sight right now and have enough material to last you years and they keep adding new stuff. If you want to learn to play, this is the place.

Bill

tovo

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:43 pm

I can only reinforce what the others have said Jim. if you are serious about guitar, join up and get learning. You won't regret your decision I'm confident of that. All the best with your journey mate.

dennisg

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 pm

Greetings, Jim, from Seattle. Santa Fe is a town I've always wanted to visit.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Bear puts it nicely when he says that, aside from the guitar itself, there's no smarter way for you to spend your money than on a Target subscription. If you make use of it, you won't believe how your playing will advance in a short time. Enjoy.

- Dennis

millponddave

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Welcome from Utah. I'm new here myself and I am thrilled to find this site. I'm sure you will love it as much as the rest of ue

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic