Hello from Santa Fe NM

jimlac

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 am

Hi I'm Jim. Just learning guitar, have a classical and a yamaha Sg180. Have been looking at TG for a couple of days. have not joined the target program yet. Find it very interesting. Where is the free beginners stuff. What i have found is mostly not absolute beginners. Thanks Jim

dekotaj

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:47 am

Hang in there Jim your have a blast here at TG.

Kevin

wrench

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 am

Hello Jim. Welcome to the Guitar Gold Mine. For a quick look at free lessons, click on the Master Menu and the free lessons are on the left side of the page. Then look through the forum and see what a blast we're having here. Then consider joining TARGET. Then you're really deep in the Guitar Gold Mine.

Don't be shy about asking questions here in the forum. There's plenty of friendly support here.

wrench

haoli25

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:53 am

Hello Jim. Glad to have you with us. I hope you do join the TARGET program, you won't regret it. Now, in answer to your question, click on the MASTER MENU. The songs in the column on the left are the FREE lessons. If you are new to guitar, try a few of the songs that have a rating of 1 or 2 just to the right of the song title.

Bill

Craig

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey Jim,
If you really want to improve your guitar playing, there is no better investment for your money than right here!
Craig

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 pm

HI JIm Welcome to TG, hopefully you can find the free lessons by now. Anyway I can honestly say the investment in TARGET is worth its weight in gold, something you wouldn't regret.

Chas

prawnpig

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Welcome Jim the free lessons are great but the target program is the best guitar resource you will find anywhere. Great teacher and an awesome community that are supportive and helpful pull up a guitar and stay awile
Dave

BobR

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Welcome Jim,

I doubt you'd ever find a better place to learn guitar (unless of course you're face to face with Neil ). This is by far the best $ spent for guitar IMHO. And there are so many helpful/supportive members.

Bob

BigBear

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Jim! Big welcome from Oregon! If you are a new player I can not encourage you strongly enough to join the TARGET program yesterday!

If I had this program when I was starting out I would have avoided so many bad habits that I've had to undo and I would have had a much more solid foundation.

There is alot here for true beginners. Neil's Acoustic Genius is where to start. Then find some real easy songs like Lucky Man or Hear of Gold and work on the basic chord shapes and tempo.

The real cool thing about this site is everything Neil teaches us in in context! That means we are always learning related to a real live song that we know or recognize. We aren't learning Mary Had a Little Lamb or other stupid stuff, we're learning real live hit tunes.

I've said this a hundred times but TARGET is the single best guitar-related investment I've ever made (next to buying my guitars!). My playing since I joined 8 months ago has skyrocketed! I wasn't a bad player before but Neil has put so much within my grasp, so quickly that it blows my mind! I suspect a lot of my friends here feel the same way!

So if you can swing it, get out your credit card and join the rest of us! We're all learning together and you will not only have a blast but unlimited moral support as you pursue your musical journey!

Good luck and Happy Playin'! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Welcome Jim way down there in NM from over here in Switzerland. Enjoy the site!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic