a tendon on my ring finger on my left hand. It was several years before
I could even bend it but as time went on I discovered I could play
again.... well sort of, I have little or no feeling in the finger so I have
had to relearn many things. Days after I signed up for the Target
program my Brother-inlaw died. We were very close and it has been
extremely difficult time. I have not been able to even pick my
guitar for a month. I am getting better and have resumed my private
guitar lessons again. I am looking forward to getting fully involved
in the Target program it is a fantastic place to be.

Greg B. from Seattle

michelew

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Greg - Hi from Sydney. You absolutely are in the right place. Playing music will help to heal what ails you. It's good for the soul. Here you'll get the skills you need to express yourself better - however that is. The community is also great for the soul - laugh, learn, ponder... it's all here. Good luck on your journey. Michele

dennisg

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi Greg,

Welcome from a fellow Seattleite. What part of town do you live in? I'm in Magnolia.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother-in-law. Not sure if he was your sister's husband or your wife's brother, but in either case, I know it's a horrible experience. I went through the same thing recently with the loss of my brother. He had taught me how to play the guitar, and i decided to honor his memory by resuming playing. Thanks to TG, playing is more fun than ever.

Enjoy the site. Make good use of its vast (and always increasing) offerings.

- Dennis

AndyT

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Greg,
Welcome to TG. Its a very healing place to be.

prawnpig

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Welcome to target from Vancouver Island'
Sorry for your loss it is a tough time I lost both of my older brothers in a three year period both aged 44 and two weeks ago I lost a very dear friend so I can relate to how you are feeling time and guitar will help ease the pain
Dave

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Another welcome from Australia. You have been through a tough time, I hope you can enjoy the site and find some joy from music and the great community here. All the best with your journey.

hasben

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 pm

michelew wrote:
Greg - Hi from Sydney. You absolutely are in the right place. Playing music will help to heal what ails you. It's good for the soul. Here you'll get the skills you need to express yourself better - however that is. The community is also great for the soul - laugh, learn, ponder... it's all here. Good luck on your journey. Michele
Those thoughts from Michele could not be expressed better nor more sincerely. I share and echo her words.

Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma

tom18

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Greg,
I signed up a month ago as well. I think we've both found the right place to be on the 'net for growing our guitar skills. I'm sorry to hear of your loss and am also intrigued by your report of a hand injury. I've had one as well last August and am hoping to get back on track with playing soon but it's a VERY slow process. I'm encouraged that you've moved beyond it. All the best,
Tom

Moondog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Greg
I'm so sorry to hear about you brother-in-law.
Its good to have another member from Western Washington. Maybe we can get Neil and Matt to stop here on there World Tour.

Mike (from Olympia)

Lavallee

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Greg, welcome to TG from Montreal. I am sorry to hear about your loss. The benefit here is that you can always meet some friends that share the same hobby. I hope to read your opinions on the forum and learn or share your knowledge about guitar at the same time.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic