Signed up a month ago

Craig

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Greg,
Welcome from San Diego, California. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. There is no easy way around the loss of a loved one. Hopefully picking up your guitar will help heal with time. This is a great site with a lot of wonderful people on it. I think you will love it. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Craig

haoli25

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi Greg. Its good to have you with us on TG. Playing the guitar is good physical and mental therapy. With Neil's lessons and the supportive people here on this site, your guitar skills will skyrocket.

Bill

BigBear

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Greg- big welcome from a little further south down I-5 in Hillsboro, Oregon (outside of Portland). It's great to have you with us! As others have said I'm sorry about losing your brother-in-law. Hopefully time will heal your heart.

Don't feel too bad about having a bum finger. Several of us have finger "challenges"! I mashed my middle finger on my right hand in a tractor accident and just had trigger finger surgery on the middle finger of my left hand. I'm not sure if playing helps or hurts! lol! But it sure doesn't dampen my spirits!

Let us know if we can ever help you out with anything. There are so many great people on this site who support each other 110%. We're a very tight-knit community!

Again welcome and don't be a stranger on the forum!

Happy playin' and cheers! :cheer:

d_dog

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 am

Welcome from Bellingham, WA. You are in good hands here Greg. As Michele said, music helps to heal all. Everyone here is very helpful and kind, "Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, I'm on the road to Shabala..." Oh, I digress.
I hope you can find some comfort in this place, it's a wonderful environment. I feel for your loss. I really hope that you and your hand continue to heal.

Catman

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 am

Hi Greg,

As others have already said, music is a great healer. I hope we will be able to contribute something of our own as well.

David

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 am

HI Greg Condolences on your recent loss, as has been said music can be helpful in dealing with personal loss. This site with the music lessons on offer and the camraderie of the members can surely add to that. There is always someone around on this site to lend a hand or an ear to someone in need.

I hope to hear more from you on the forums

regards

Chas from New Zealand

wrench

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 am

Hi Greg and welcome to TG. The others have already said it, but I'll say it again - we are a very close international family, and if you need music to ease the pain of personal tragedy, then we are here for you. And we'll figure something out for the finger, too. There's a few of us here playing with hand problems - big hand problems. One thing for sure. TG will enable you to play as well as you can, and you will have amazing fun doing it. You will most likely exceed your expectations here.

wrench

Catman

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 am

Two inspirational guitarists come to mind in this thread: Tony Iommi and Django Reinhardt.

From Iommi's page on Wikipedia:
In an industrial accident at the age of 17 on his last day of work in a sheet metal factory, he lost the tips of the middle and ring finger of his right hand. Iommi considered abandoning music, but his boss (who knew of Iommi's "night job" as a pub band guitar player) encouraged him to reconsider by playing a record by jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt, who earned wide acclaim despite limited use of his fretting hand following an injury.
Reinhardt was a prominent Gypsy Jazz guitarist and Iommi is a founding member and lead guitarist of the pioneering heavy metal band Black Sabbath.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iommi and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_Reinhardt for more information.

David

lmc831

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Greg,
Welcome to TG. Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how u feel. I've lost my parents and my Aunt in the last 3 years and I miss them all the time. As u will soon learn, TG is the best guitar site to learn guitar again. There's a bunch of funny peeps here in the community that will make you laugh and smile...

Regards,

Lisa

BobR

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Greg,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Welcome to an extremely great place to learn and grow. You're sure to have a lot of support here.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic