Hi, I am Izzy from Colorado

izzyhara

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 am

Hi all. My name is Izzy (well actually it's Paula but call me Izzy). I live in the small mountain town of Georgetown CO. I have played guitar since I was about 8 years old - played religiously til I was about 30 and then got caught up in raising kids and working. Now I am almost 60 (gosh how did that happen?- I act 20-ish so just treat me like I am your age) and have come back. I remember in the 70's, playing to records and watching people play at coffee houses and such. Then in my late 20's I started in on classical guitar lessons - so hard yet so satisfying. So now as I come back, I play both acoustic and classical -more comfortable with the classical guitar still. I am rusty but it's kind of like riding a bike. I remember most everything I have been taught - I just can't execute it very well !! Because I live in such a small town, I was happy to find TG. I am working on Never Going Back Again, and also some classical songs I studied years ago. I also like to take little piano songs and pick them out on the guitar. Good thing I have a good ear !! I am so loving all the videos you all put out here as they are such an inspiration to me. When I get one of my classical songs down pat, I will put it out here for ya. Classical guitarists have amazing hands and fingers, and such great knowledge of the notes and the entire neck of the guitar. Hope we get some classical lessons out here, if they don't exist already. So be patient with me while I learn my way around the website and the forum. Glad to meet you all. What could be better than this? My two favorite loves - guitar and computers !! :P

dekotaj

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 am

Lzzy welcome to the family.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:44 am

Hi Izzy, welcome! Nice intro. Nice to have another mature 20 year old here... like the rest of us! See you around! Chris

tom18

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 am

Welcome Izzy, you've come to right place. I'm about you're age as well. Played as a teenager and set is aside to pursue family & career. Although I wanted to play rock as a kid, I met a teacher who insisted I study flamenco style. I'm hoping to resurrect that some day. All the best,
Tom

wrench

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 am

Hello Izzy, and welcome to TG. Hmmmm....... Many of us have similar stories, except that you and a few others here have already been where many of us want to go. Sounds like you will be a great asset as well as a member of our community. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you in the forum. I don't know what your expectations are of TG, but it's a pretty sure bet they'll be exceeded in very short order.

Dan

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 am

Welcome Izzy! Glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have some great experience. Can't wait to hear more! As Chris said, another mature 20 yr old will be nice......lol If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask away and there is always someone around to try and help out.

If you have not had the chance yet, make sure to check out some of the groups as well. Some good stuff there.

Cheers!

MJ

dennisg

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:42 am

Thanks for the great intro, Izzy. It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you love the site as much as we do.

- Dennis in Seattle

MarkM

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:22 am

Welcome aboard Izzy and greetings from NH. Nice to have you here. I'm 40 but my wife says I act like a 20 year old. Glad that counts for something here. :laugh: :laugh:

MarkM

Craig

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

Welcome Izzy from San Diego! It's a great site with great people. I know you will love it.
Craig

hasben

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 am

Welcome Izzy! I see you are schooled in classical guitar. To paraphrase an earlier post: You are starting out here where most of us only dream we can go. BTY: My current wife is from Colorado-- at least we have that in common :laugh: Again, welcome and enjoy.
Fred from Muskogee Oklahoma

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic