Video Possibilities

d_dog

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey Izzy. To answer your question simply... it depends. Ok, maybe not so simply. I do agree with Bear in one sense. If you already have a good camera you don't need another one. But then again, if you can't figure out how to use it what good is it. If you're willing or able to contact one of use here, myself or AcousticAl and no doubt others, we can most likely help you figure it out. Also, as Bear said, we can't do this without knowing some details on what you have. It actually doesn't matter so much what camera or model you have, but rather what software you are using to pull the video off the camera. If you'd like to physically talk about at and maybe I could walk you through it, PM me and I'll give you my number.
In my opinion any other camera isn't going to be any easier than the one you have. You still have to plug in the camera, open some software, pull the video off and save it to your hard drive. After that point, all the other "uploading" steps are going to be the same anyway regardless of what camera you use.
I am pretty positive if you called me I could help you understand it and be comfortable with it.

tovo

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Izzy Bear's advice is sound (Why buy another camera when you have one) and so is Dog's (no good if you can't use it) So...I just got the Kodak Zi8 and it's as easy to use as a camera can be (currently). There are at least 4 regulars on here using it and all think it's the bomb. At under 200 bucks for a HD camera it's well worth a look. USB is built in so no cables, and download is a snap. You can attach an external mic as well. You do need to buy a memory card. Cheers.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi Izzy.... Kodak Zi8 is a dream ;-)

izzyhara

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Boy - I really brought up a good conversation point, huh? Thanks for all the offers to help me. I will try to get my sweetheart to show me what he's had to do to retrieve videos from the camera. BTW it's some really hotdogger Sony HD. He claims it was really a problem to download the videos from the camera. But then perhaps it won't be for me, because I tend to me a little geekier than him. :laugh: I did talk to him about it today. He doesn't play any instruments, so he doesn't quite get what I am all about here. But he is a very nice guy, so he restrained himself from scoffing when I told him I wanted to post videos to a guitar site. Sometimes (too often) I like to find excuses to buy some new electronic something and today was one of those days. But you all are right - I already have one. Give it a chance. Oh - one more thing I left out of my introduction. I am a video game junkie.
Happy Friday everyone. I hope to lose my "video virginity" sometime soon.

haoli25

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 pm

And I look forward to looking too, Izzy. lmao

Bill

jayswett

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:59 am

eagle670 wrote:
I think that I will probably have to break down and buy another camera, if I want to post anything.
Of course you do!!

BRBbrb

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks; now one more question do both the Flip & Kodak have lights for taking night videos?

dennisg

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

BRBbrb wrote:
Thanks; now one more question do both the Flip & Kodak have lights for taking night videos?
No. Lights would quickly drain the tiny batteries. But I've recorded my videos by aiming a simple lamp at myself.

goldleaf

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Barb, good luck at getting your camera to work. I bought a Sony FS 200 videocam for $239 and it has very good video and a built in mic and also has an plug in for an auxilliary mic which I use all the time. It lets you have the camera where you need it to get the picture you want and have a microphone where you need it to record your guitar or harmonica or voice if you sing. The main thing I like is that it has a 2.7" LCD screen that pivots around so you can see yourself even if you are in front of the videocam. It gives you software that helps you download to your PC and convert to a YouTube friendly extension. You do have to plug in the camcorder into your USB on your PC to download but that is true with almost all unless you can download from a card in the camcorder. Many others like the Kodak Zi8 which also has the ability to plug in a microphone which I think is important for the type of recording we do. The FS 200 does have a built in light that is pretty bright, I don't know how long it would run on a battery charge but it's there & it's bright. Gary.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic