Hi, I'm Yvette

wammer

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi Yvette

Another female ( well im pretty sure your female ie Yvette)Glad to have you with us ...really think about the Target program you wont be sorry.

Tammy Ontario Canada

Catman

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Welcome aboard!

David

sws626

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi Yvette,
Welcome from the UK (formerly from Evanston & Hyde Park). You'll find much here to hold your interest, especially if you join the Target program. Yep, that's right; everyone here has drunk the koolaid.
-Stuart

johnrfeeney

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 pm

hello from california - sounds like if you came back to the guitar it's a part of you
this is a great place to learn

millponddave

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi from Utah. You have come to the right place.

Dave

yvette

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 am

Thanks, everyone. :)

sbutler

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Good morning all from Alaska, from Scott.

I started taking guitar lessons as an early teen, and the most that resulted from that experience, was that mom wasted a lot of money. Myself and two cousins, (brothers) took lessons from a fella known as Frankie K, in Kansas City Kansas.

After two years of never practicing, I quit. I honestly don't know what mom did with that old Harmony Electric guitar that I had, but the older I got, the more I regretted not sticking with it. One of the cousins, (the older of the two) did stick with it, and he is now a remarkable musician.

Time has certainly passed and I've just turned 52, and started a new carer as a Commercial pilot, flying all over Bush Alaska. And because of federal law, we can only fly 1000 hours a year. That leaves a lot of time at home on standby with nothing to do. So I finally broke down, and bought an old Black Sigma off of Craig's list, knowing I could never catch up with the skill level of my older cousin, but I just couldn't put it off any longer. I love the sound of an acoustic guitar too much to not give it a real go this time. I find that I am much more dedicated to learning than I was before.

Its amazing just how many chords I did remember, after over 30 years of not even touching a guitar. So I spent all of 09' refreshing what I had learned so many years ago, and searching the internet,(something we didn't have when I first started) for an on line instructor, that not only knew their stuff, but who's online persona seemed to fit with mine. Eureka, I found Neil. Because of Neil's way of teaching, I'm hooked more than I ever thought possible, and I find that with my new addiction to practice, I'm making more progress than I would have ever thought possible.

I've not been much of a social networking, internet type of guy, but I think now that I'm a target member, with so much I want to learn, that may change.

Anyway, I never planned on writing a novel here, but in keeping with the introductory profile, there it is.

Scott

Chasplaya

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 pm

HI Scott and welcome to TG, you will certainly enjoy this place you are in the demographic of most site members (in 50's lol, but there are younger members who keep us oldies in check) I think if you can you should try and place this in your own thread under the Please Intro as you have jumped onto Yvettes thread, no matter really but you run the risk of being missed as others may not click you are a new member. As an aviator you should check out the Group dedicated to Flying Guitarists there are quite a few who are either pilots or strong interest in aviation.

regards

Chas from New Zealand

izzyhara

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi Yvette

Hi Scott - who hijacked Yvette's thread

I am Izzy from Colorado and we are all very excited to get new people. Let us know if we can do anything to help you guys. It's a very fun place to be, and you will learn so much.

Welcome....

tom18

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Scott,
And welcome to TG from New Jersey. Yes you definitely fit the demographic of this site. There are many of us who were first introduced to playing as teens and let it lapse while career and family took center stage. I picked up my guitar a few weeks after receiving an early retirement package a little over a year ago and it's been great to be learning new things and using the other side of the brain for a change. Left or right? I can never remember. Enjoy the site!
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic