Hello from Hong Kong

huikkk1922

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 am

Hi Folks,

I'm Ken from Hong Kong.

I was a self-taugh guitar player when I was a kid, as my parents couldn't afford to pay any guitar lessons for me. I managed to learn most basic chords and play a few songs by ears, and probably that's all.

I was introduced to this site by chance.

After signing in and watching the introduction video by Neil, as well as a few vidoe clips of him playing some somgs that I always wished to learn, I retrieved my acoustic guitar from underneath my bed (that has been lying there for quite some years) and have the desire to learn the skill again from start.

I hope I can play it seriously this time, like most of you!

Wish me luck.

Regards.

Ken.

willem

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 am

welcome Ken from Hong Kong,, you arived on the good adres,(tom tom?) when you join the Target programm you are in the suite and learn everything from the beginning,, i wish you a very good yourney..Willem from the Netherlands..

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 am

Welcom Ken from Switzerland Ken! We all wish you luck here... you won't need it, this is the best place on the planet to be for learning guitar. PLANET TG. Join TARGET if you can... fantastic programme! Chris

prawnpig

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 am

Welcome Ken A great teacher a great lesson line up a friendly supportive guitar community you have come to the right place.
Dave, Vancouver Island

haoli25

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 am

Hello Ken. You have came to the right place. Hold on tight, you and your guitar are about to get a workout! This really is the best place on the internet for learning to play guitar. Neil is a great teacher and you will find a very supportive community here to help you. If you have any questions, just ask.

Bill

tom18

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 am

Ken,
Greetings from New Jersey and welcome to TG. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Tom

dekotaj

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 am

Hey Ken,Here's wishing you good luck.If your really looking to learn to play the guitar,you've found the right site.

Kevin

Northern Illinois

Lavallee

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Ken, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada, you made a wise decision by pulling out your guitar from under your bed. It is such a great hobby. Visit the forum between the lessons and practice and am sure your will wondering why not join Target with Neil being the greatest help you find on the net.

Marc

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am

Hey Ken:

Welcome from Ventura, CA. If anyone can keep you motivated, it is Neil and the great community here at TG. There are so many great songs to learn, and so many great people to help out and give encouragement!

MJ

RicksPick

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 am

Hello Ken

My wife spent some years in Hong Kong growing up,
and still talks about it,
wonderful place apparently?

Anyway welcome from the UK

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic