Hello from landerson1

landerson1

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 am

Hi all,

It's been a year since I bought my guitar however I really have not sat down and made myself learn much:S.
It was my brother who talked me into buying one so he would have someone to play with.(needless to say, he is much better than I)
kenoakee will be so suprised & proud that I have taken this step :woohoo:

TTFN

AndyT

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 am

LOL Is Ken your brother? Welcome to TG. If you can't learn it here, you must be dead.

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 am

HI Ianderson1,

Welcome to TG similar story to quite a few folk here. Good decision to join us. NOw you just need to take the next little step and join TARGET thats where all the really really good stuff is.

What guitar have you got and what are your music tastes mate. And also where are you?

regards

Chas

RicksPick

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 am

Hello landerson1

Welcome to TG
From over here in the UK

RicksPick

Lavallee

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Ianderson, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada, you have to use more of that guitar and this is the perfect place to build on it.

Marc

izzyhara

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 am

Hi landerson and welcome. Many of us here put our instruments away for years (and for me - years and years). I needed structure in order to get back into it, and I found it here. I am in Target, and have songs and lessons to work on. I was a pretty good guitarist 20 years ago, when I played and practiced and jammed every day. I live in a small town, and the one guitar teacher up here - well I think I know more than he does. So this whole online video stuff is perfect for me - for all of us. Neil says in one of his videos something about how, when you take a lesson in person, you have to write things down to try and remember everything you learned. Here you can just play the video over and over. It is so perfect !! And then you have all these people to chat with. They make me want to be better and I want to show them what I do. So we are glad to have you with us. Even though I have played for years, I started with the beginner lessons as a refresher. And since I was self taught before, I am now learning correctly. Have a great time, and we can't wait to "see" you.

tom18

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 am

Hi landerson1 and welcome. As you'll hear from the rest of the TG community, there's lot's of good information and lot's of good people here. All the best,
Tom

sws626

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 am

Welcome Iananderson1. Now that you've found this site, I'm sure your guitar will be getting a lot of attention. Great to have you here.

Everything Izzy wrote above about the forum and the target program is spot on. The community definitely helps me want to become a better player. If you are looking for some structure and encouragement to keep you on track, you couldn't have found a better place.

-Stuart

BobR

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi Iananderson1,

Welcome to a really great place to learn the guitar. You'll also meet some very helpful and supportive TG members.

Bob

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Welcome aboard mate. Pick up that guitar and start learning! Have a good time doing it as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic