Andre from Montreal Hy to everyone.

andras

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:20 am

Hello!
I just bought my guitar one week ago,and my fingers already hurts.
How long does it take to get fingers dexterity,(i have big fingers),
I know depends how long i practice?
Thanks,See you

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Andre welcome to TG! Wow first guitar eh? Smart move. It takes a while until your fingers to toughen up but they will and you will get more pleasure out of improving on the guitar than you can imagine. The very beginning is maybe the toughest part, so hang in there... and have fun!

tom18

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 am

Andre,
Congratulations on the new guitar and welcome to Totally Guitars. Sore fingers is a regrettable part of being a new player but it shouldn't last more than a few weeks. Consider joining the TARGET program; there's lot's of good information here for guitarists of all levels of experience.
Tom in NJ

RicksPick

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 am

Andre

Welcome to TG
Your so going to start the right way with Neil
No bad habits to undo
So much help here too
Those fingers will toughen up soon
But will hurt occasionally
Part of being a guitar player
Just don't over do it

But it is so worth it
Have fun
Ask lots of questions
Post some video's
Join Target

RicksPick

dekotaj

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

Hey Andre.It a love hate thing,youll love playing and youll hate sore fingers.Buy it dont take long,just dont over do it.You want to love more than hate.Welcome to the site if playing the guitar is a passion,then you found a good home.

Kevin

scotta

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:43 am

Hey Andre. Welcome to TG and congratulations on your new guitar! There is much to learn here, and you will always find the other members willing to help if you have any questions. As for the sore fingers; be patient, it will pass soon enough! Have fun!

Scott

BobR

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Andre,

Welcome to the finest guitar site. Your fingers will take a bit to get over the soreness but it is well worth it.

Bob

from Massachusetts

haoli25

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi Andre. Many of us wish there was a place like Totally Guitars when we first started. This is a great place to learn. The TARGET program would be perfect for you. Give it some consideration.

Bill

Lavallee

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Andre, welcome to TG from Longueuil and there are a few of us from around Montreal that are part of the site. Sore fingers are only an initiation period that you will forget in no time with some regular practice. You will find a lot of help here, just ask on the forum.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic