johnrfeeney

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 pm

hello

man you're busy! outstanding - keep up the playing

sound like you love it

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Welcome to TG John,

Looks like you've a busy schedule ahead of you, be careful this site is addictive and will consume heaps of your time, I echo the comment about Joining TARGET thats where the real good stuff is and good value for your dollar.

Chas

New Zealand

timgen

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Welcome John another Florida boy, I think there are a few of us now. I live in Palm Coast, close to Daytona Beach. The people on this site are great as you are probably finding out. Well welcome again and good luck with your upcomming gig and again go gators.
:P

ffsooo3

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks Chas. Yes, I can already see how this site is going to be irresistibly consuming. I'm looking at the TARGET and will decide after going through some of the free content... but it sounds great so far.

Gotta love New Zealand... Neil Finn and Crowded House, Flight of the ConChords... good stuff. Love to visit someday.

"... and the sound of Te Awamutu had a truly sacred ring..."

John

millponddave

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:57 pm

John - Welcome to TG from Jacksonville. I'm FSU alum and visit Tallahassee quite often, especially during football season. I noticed that you had The Outfield on your set list. When i was going to school there many years ago i seen them in concert at the Moon. I actually still have the drumstick I caught at that show. After it was over i had it autographed by all the band members. Good times. anyway enough reminiscing. Hope you enjoy TG and if you join Target you won't regret it. It's full of good stuff. Take care and stay in touch.

- Catfish

timgen

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey Catfish... go Noles! Yes, The Outfield's "Your Love" was added to the set list by our other (lead) guitar player. I have to admit that the opening guitar part is pretty catchy and everybody knows it when they hear it. Our bass player tried to sing it in the original key but couldn't quite get up there so we are dropping it a half step at his request. I'll be playing the secondary electric guitar part that comes in at the end of the second verse.

What years did you attend FSU? I was '82-'86. Those were good guitar years for me as I was lucky enough to hang around with several excellent players and learn from them. That is wild that you have an "Outfield" souvenir signed by the entire band... and at the Moon no less... way to go! I slept outside the Civic Center for The Police's Synchronicity tour tickets and ended up behind the stage watching Stings back the whole show.

Anway, thanks for the welcome and I'll definitely consider joining all you "Targeteers".

John

6stringwannabe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Welcome John from Glen Ellyn, Illinois. I joined a few weeks ago and still have not tapped into all the resources. But TG seems to be just what I needed to get get myslef going. Best of luck on the concert.

Ted

6stringwannabe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:42 pm

BTW, the guitar in my profile picture is an old Alvarez 5054 12-String
that I picked up at a garage sale for $75. I put a thinline saddle pickup in it and used it to record all the original music here:

http://corridor-inc.com/music.htm

I don't play it much any more. I was playing an Ovation Ultra Deluxe until I recently bought a Larrivee' this past summer. My Larrivee' OM-03 is my main instrument now. I love the sound and feel of that guitar.

John

pineappletrain

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:56 am

John - I was there from '98-'00'. I went there on the GI Bill after i got out of the military. I had some great times at FSU as im sure you did. Well keep me updated if you get this band together and play some gigs this fall. I try to make it back for a couple games and if it works out i'll come watch you all play. Happy Pickin'

- Catfish

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic