Hello

ericdmyers

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 am

I'm a high school teacher in Missouri. I like to play guitar in my free time. My wife is a first sergeant in the army and we have 2 kids. Found this site because somebody had linked to my youtube page from here. Looks real professional. Anyway, here's a vid of what I did during yesterday's "snow day". Hope this isn't breaking any rules.

TGMatt

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:05 am

Sorry Eric no Teaching videos up here..and no offsite linking as you have here after..

Nice to have you on board though..I have seen this video a few times..

Welcome to TG

tovo

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 am

Hi. Neil Young is pretty popular here. I don't know if you have broken any rule, I'll leave that for the site administrator, but videos are usually posted here for the purpose of eliciting feedback for improvement, not to promote your own site, so I reckon it's not really in the spirit. Not really my intention to be rude, just my opinion, and if your intention is to join the site and be an active member then you will be most welcome.

Edit: Matt who never sleeps has spoken!

ericdmyers

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:22 am

Hello again.

My intent wasn't to promote anything since I have nothing to really promote =P Like I said I just found this site since someone linked from it to me. No harm no foul. It's nice to see things being played correctly though. Youtube is definitely home to the unwashed masses!

TGMatt

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 am

Your still welcome mate..nice to see you aboard..hope fully you will find the community and spirit right up your alley

tovo

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 am

ericdmyers wrote:
Hello again.

My intent wasn't to promote anything since I have nothing to really promote =P Like I said I just found this site since someone linked from it to me. No harm no foul. It's nice to see things being played correctly though. Youtube is definitely home to the unwashed masses!
That's cool mate. Thanks for not getting bent out of shape about it.

ericdmyers

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:03 pm

And some more info since it was late when I posted and I was doing it one handed. =)

The last few years I've been on a bluegrass kick, digging deep into Tony Rice and Clarence White. Somehow it led me to the mandolin and I've been working on that. I've been lucky enough to take some lessons with Roland White. I even got to jam with him playing the guitar that Clarence played the last time he toured with The Kentucky Colonels. Awesome day that was.

I wax and wane with guitar styles and focus. I always seem to come back to Jimi Hendrix and Neil Young. And Black Sabbath. And and...

I write and record a bit. Somehow and I found myself getting into Claymation lately. Bruce Bickford blows my mind.

Even though I am happily married, I've been a single dad the last 2 1/2 out of 3 1/2 years. My wife was in Iraq and Korea for those years. She's back now but fixing to start training a new group of Basic Trainees and if anywone is familiar with a basic training company, ut's total control for the first couple months. I don't really plan on having any quality time with her until December! She wakes em up, and puts em down.

More time to jam.

I am currently into playing Neil Young down tuned stuff - Tell Me Why, Don't Let it Bring You Down etc. I like playing things as accuratel as possible, so its nice to see the songs here being pretty darn accurate.

Cheers

Lavallee

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Eric, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. You will find plenty of people to discuss guitar and Neil Young among others is very popular.

Marc

BobR

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Eric,

You'll find plenty of Neil Young fans here.

Welcome to TG.

Bob

from Ma.

dekotaj

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:47 pm

CHEERS to you and your wife.Eric nice to have you on the site,That bluegrass is some quick picking,and alot of fun.Please tell you wife how proud we are of her service and of you for all you guys secrafice for all of us.I have the PROUD honor to make armor everyday for the young man&woman that but there lives on the line for our freedom everyday.I cut and form armor for the hummvee,and a lot of the other vehicles.

Kevin.

P.S.missed the video hope to see it someday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic