Old fart, new guitar player

jim56

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 am

Welcome aboard Coypu,

You are in good company here. I too recently picked up the guitar primarily for motivating my daughter to play. Also wanted to learn before the arthritis sets in, lol. You can't go wrong leaning on this site. Good instruction, good advice and good people meet here daily. Any questions just ask.

Jim

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:50 am

Welcome aboard mate. I've got the bald bit down, working on the bifocals.

AndyT

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 am

I'm just opposite of Tony, I've got the BiFocals, working on the bald. :laugh:

jayswett

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 am

coypu wrote:
I'd be able to play things for kids and grandkids.
Great reason to learn. I re-started playing the guitar to introduce my kids to the notion of learning an instrument, which I regretably neglected to do in my youth. Also, my Dad recently started learning the piano (He's 70) for the same reason you mentioned. I think we can all agree that it's never too late to learn music!

izzyhara

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 am

Welcome from Colorado. I am an "older" fart but have the advantage of playing obsessively in my youth. Coming back after a 20 year hiatus. I can't remember where it is on the site right off hand, but somewhere is a video of Neil doing one or two kid songs - One of the fun ones is something about a zoo in the Peter, Paul and Mary section of Songs and Artists. Your grandkids get to sing along on this song, and they will think you are a god when you can do this with them !!! I'm gonna do it on Skype with my grandkids this week. Should be absolutely hysterical. But that is what this is all about... I find all of this so joyous and believe that you will also. You might have to be Target to see these kid songs. But jump in with both feet. You won't be disappointed for a moment. And it will assure you that you have all the structure you need to really learn this instrument. We can't wait to see you and your grandkids singing on your first video !!

BobR

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:03 am

Welcome coypu,

Neil does an excellent job teaching. This site is a place that makes you want to learn no matter what age. Enjoy your time here.

bob

Music Junkie

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:23 am

Welcome coypu!

Great reason to pick up the instrument! You will find a great group of folks here who love to help out. If you get a chance, you should really check out the upcoming TG Live on the 20th. I believe it is open to everyone this month (if I read that correctly.....).

We have a great community here, and Neil is a top notch instructor.

Feel free to ask any questions and make sure to have some fun!

MJ

RicksPick

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi coypu

Well I for one arn't admitting to windy problems
You managed to bring a few out though, well done lol
Good to have you here, have fun

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic