Greetings from Amherst NY

izzyhara

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 am

Hi and welcome from Colorado. You have picked absolutely the greatest place ever to perfect your playing. Dust that baby off and maybe put on some new strings and join in. These people here are the best, and you will learn things you didn't even think you needed to know. They make you want to be the best you can be, and then share it. Can't wait for your first video. Do yourself a favor and start with the beginner lessons, even if you are good. It will wear calluses quickly, remind you of notes and tempo and junk. But more importantly, you will get all the basics that Neil refers to in his lesson songs. It's nice to know when he says "Travis picking" or "down-down-up-down", you have seen what he means. Puts you that farther ahead in his lessons. So you only have one dusty guitar? Well that will change !!! Hop onto the forum when you log in and click the Recent Discussions tab to see what people are chatting about today. I have had so many "ah-ha" moments just doing that.
And yes, I am very chatty.... most of the time.
Welcome again....... you have made the best decision you could make.

BobR

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Paul,

Welcome. You'll have no dust in no time. Great place to be as you can tell by all the posts here.

Enjoy

Bob

Music Junkie

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 am

Paul:

Welcome from Ventura, CA!

Glad you decided to join the program. It has been a blast so far for me, and the lessons here are the best.

If you get a chance, make sure to check out the TG Live show this coming weekend (20th). They are a ton of fun and lots of great info can be found at these.

Have fun!

MJ

Pacem148

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks for all the encouragement. I feel more musically inclined already. But I have to go now...you know, to practice....

Pacem

RicksPick

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Welcome Paul

The more you practice the more you want to practice!!

Enjoy

RicksPick

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 am

Hi Paul and welcome, I gather you've been here a little while but stood on the sidelines being a Founding member, well good on ya for jumpin in Loads of info here in the Forums and loads of well lets just say... some of it is a mine of veritable useless information but nevertheless fun.

See ya around

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic