checking in from St Peters PA

michelew

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi,
I joined about two months ago. I stumbled upon Neil searching for help to learn Supertramps "Give a Little Bit" and was intrigued by his instruction style and detail. I was not looking for a guitar teaching site, but after a few weeks of fumbling through the free part, I decided to give myself an early Christmas present and joined.
I am married (will be 30 years in June) with three kids; one out of college, one still in and one yet to go someday. I took trombone lessons starting in fourth grade because the band director said they needed trombone players. That lasted until 8th grade. I started picking up friends guitars learning cords in high school, college, but never owned an instrument. Ended up with a Korean copy of a Martin (sigma)for a start and will look forward to upgrading someday. Hopefully sooner than when I stop paying college tuition bills. Growing up, loved Motown, my Dad loved the Big Bands and I like brass as a result. Basically, just enjoy music period. Favorite catagory would be Southern rock (Allman bros.)but just like rock&roll in general. Really love the guitar sound and I am really enjoying getting back to basics and learning the building blocks of the instrument I love. Unlearning bad habits, trying to learn properly, with Neil's help.
Being my first web site, blog type experience, not sure how much I'll chime in, but I'll be listening and reading along with you.
Thanks for the warm welcome,I've already felt.
Chan

tovo

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey Chan that's a really nice intro. Welcome to the forum and if you just want to sit and "listen" that's cool, or join in it's up to you. Nobody, not the Bear, nor the Dog, or the Cat, the Prawn or even the Pig (I suspect they are the same person actually) bite so if you have an opinion mate we'd love to hear it.

Cheers and welcome again!

TGMatt

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

welcome mate

BobR

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Chan,

Neil has a great way of teaching and is always willing to help. It's a great place to be.

Enjoy

Bob

izzyhara

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi. I think we heard from you on another thread. Thanks for jumping over here for a "formal" introduction. Your story is quite similar to many of us. As for the forum, listen, chime in occasionally, or blab a lot - whichever you chose, you will have a blast here. Welcome from Colorado. Izzy.

Lavallee

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Chan, welcome from Montreal Canada. I am sure you will have a ball here as everybody loves music and like to share and learn. Sincve you are here for the lessons, you have the best teacher. Don't worry about being new on a forum, most of were before joining including me.

Marc

haoli25

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Hello Chan. Great intro. You are in good company here, I think you have found a home. Neil's lessons are the best and you will be amazed out how quickly you progress as a guitar player. If you get stuck, let us know, there is more support on this site from the members than you can imagine. Your questions and opinions are always welcome.

Happy pickin'

Bill

BigBear

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Chan- great intro and a big welcome from Oregon! We're really glad to have you with us!

You'll fit right in with us slightly older guitarists who have kids that have left the nest, if not necessarily the bank account! There is so much great content here it's mind boggling!

Don't be a stranger on the forum. If we can ever help you with anything just post your "challenges" and someone will jump right in. Lots of free advice here. Some of it is even useful! :laugh:

Cheers and Happy Playin'!! :cheer:

wammer

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Glad to meet you Chan

You'll get more and then some from this site. Lessons are great, forum is great and people are great. Got a question ??? put it out there you'll get more info from all these members then you ever thought possible. Nice introduction we have a lot in common I to have been married 30 years and have 3 kids all in the same progression as yours. And we both love guitar. Nice to meet you

Tammy Ontario Canada

RicksPick

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 am

Hello Chan

Nice intro
When do we get to see this guitar of yours in a song/video upload?

RicksPick ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic