Howdy from Houston

slaforce

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Name is Steve, and I'm happy to be here with you all. I read some of the other recent introductions and it would seem I might have alot in common with a few of the other "old farts" here.... :P

I learned to play guitar back in the seventies, my older brother taught me. We were both big fans of James Taylor and Neil Young. We even did some "recording" back then on what used to be State of the Art...Reel To Reels.

Those were really good times back then, but now, after about 25 years of working for a living, I have come back to the guitar for some personal gradifaction that I am lacking in my life. I hope to pick up a trick or two from TG and its' members.

Thanks for having me.....

Steve
Cypress, TX

dekotaj

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Howdy Steve.

Nice to have you here.

Hope you find your time here and the people here as much fun as I have.

So grab the guitar.grab a song and come join us.Lots of good music and fun to be had by all.

Kevin
Northern Illinois

tovo

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Hey Steve welcome from Adelaide Australia. Nice intro and it sound like we might be able to learn a thing or 2 from you as well.

Enjoy yourself.

haoli25

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello Steve. Glad you decided to join us from the northwest side of Houston. After you have had a chance to find your way around this site, I hope you will consider joining the TARGET program. That's where the real keys to the 'Candy Store' are at. Neil has the best lessons on the internet and the great members here will be only too happy to help you if you need it. TG has also added instructors for voice, bass, electric guitar, mandolin, and much, much more. There is more than enough to keep you busy on your musical journey. Your tips, tricks, questions, and opinions are also always welcome here...chime in.

Bill

RicksPick

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi welcome Steve

Glad you found us

RicksPick UK

Chasplaya

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:56 pm

HI Steve, Welcome to TG as has been said you will find loads to learn here both the lessons and the Forums, but the main ride is found in the TARGET programme (program for BEar).

CYA around matey.

Chas in NZ

BobR

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Steve,

You have come to the right place. Sounds like your musical interest are perfect fit. There's always something new and interesting going on here.

Welcome from MA.

Bob

izzyhara

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Steve from Colorado. You have picked the right place, and you seem to have some of the same history as the rest of us. Definitely join Target. The lessons there are so phenomenal, as is Neil's style of teaching. Plus we have just added electric guitar, bass, classical, yada yada which I think someone else mentioned. You will quickly develop those calluses and have a great song library. There are a lot of Neil Young songs here that are presented in such a great fashion. They will truly take you back in time. But there is so much variety that you won't get bored. If anything, we all get ADD because there is so much to choose from. Enjoy your time here and we look forward to seeing you around the forum. Izzy

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey Steve,
Welcome aboard! There is a lot here for you, Thanks for introducing yourself.
Enjoy, Chan

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi Steve from Switzerland! Welcome to a goldmine of songs, teaching and great folks. Hope you have a ball!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic