HOWDY FROM BUDDY

buddy

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi,

My name is Bud and I reside about 60 miles North of San Diego California on a horse ranch. I have loved, ridden, and trained horses for most of my fifty years on this earth. One of my favorite hobbies is to horse pack into the Sierra Mountains and disappear into the wilderness for a week at a time.

I am married to a wonderful women and we have two grown children who are both away at the University. I have a finance background and a masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, my wife and I volunteer for non-profit groups for and do family and marital therapy together (sometime on ourselves :laugh: ).

I really enjoy music in general and have been playing the guitar for about two years now. I like all genres of music. The Totally Guitars site has been a real motivator for me and has added a lot of fun and inspiration to my playing. I think Neil is a really cool dude and love his lesson style.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you more and I think the synergy on this site is just fantastic as you all support one another in your mutual love for music.

Bud

tovo

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey Bud nice intro mate. Welcome from Adelaide, Australia. WAY down South. My Dad was a blacksmith so I was around horses as a young fellow also. Even got kicked in the head by one that Dad was shoeing as a child so that probably explains a lot.

We are also both married to wonderful women so we have that in common also. I beat you with a couple more kids.

Playing for 2 years? You've certainly been putting in the time, you are very good. Really good singing voice as well.

Nice to meet you through your excellent videos. Look forward to more.

willem

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 pm

HoWdY Bud(dy) from the Netherlands,do you know that i know you,, i heard you play and sing well..here no horses (we have bikes). the rest is fine..see you around..

izzyhara

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Buddy and welcome from Colorado. I LOVE horses almost more than anything, so you are my new best friend. My ultimate vacation is just what you described - climb on the horse and pack into the country for a few days. I am actually looking at a trip like that here in Colorado where I think you ride from Aspen to Leadville, through the remote Colorado high country. Let me know if your ranch is a guest ranch, and I am there !!!!
Joining Target at TotallyGuitars.com has been the best thing I have ever done for my guitar playing. Like most of us here, I am self-taught and have been playing since I was about 8. Put the instruments away while struggling as a single parent. Now that my daughter, and my 3 step daughters are grown, there is now time for us again. My husband spends ridiculous amounts of money on camera equipment. I spend a lot on my music hobby, but he still holds the lead for dollars spent. Too bad he is so into still photography - I could use a videographer for my hobby!!! The people here are wonderful and helpful and friendly and crazy funny. Neil's lessons are such an inspiration, and so well done. Guess we don't need to encourage you to post your progress.... you have already done that !!!
Hang out with us on the forum. You will learn amazing things, and meet people from all over the world. Let us know how we can help you.

mcfingers

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Hey Bud, Hi from Northern California. Good to meet you. I love backpacking into the high country too. There's nothing like it to clear your head. I know you will enjoy your time here and please post more songs with you singing. You have a very nice sound. There are a couple of Billy Dean songs you would sound good singing.
Nice to have you on board.
Steve

Moondog

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Welcome Bud

Glad you found us.

Mike

RicksPick

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Welcome Bud

Nice intro
No horses here but once had a go on a donkey at Skegness beach aged 7 ish lol
Glad to have you here

RicksPick in the UK

haoli25

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Welcome Bud. Its good to have you with us. I have really enjoyed the videos that you have posted and look forward to many more. I hope you can drop into the Forum often and share your tips, tricks, questions, and opinions with the rest of us.

Bill

BobR

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Bud,

Nice introduction. I really enjoyed your video posts that I viewed earlier.

Welcome aboard.

Bob
from Massachusetts.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Welcome Buddy, glad you are here.

Please post a few videos of messed-up attempts at playing
because your posts so far are giving me an inferiority complex.

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic