G day fro WA

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

G'Day Brad,

Welcome to TG, as you are finding out and as also said by the guys so far this is considered to be the number one community for learning the guitar. Its also a great friendly place to be and good people to meet, hey they even let me a Scot/Kiwi or Skiwi join the TG Australia Group, hey we 'rib' each other all the time in good fun and harmless, especially poke fun at American spelling (for BigBear) and make Swiss cheese/yodelling and Alpine Horn jokes (for Neverfindthetime aka Chris) I occasionaly get the Kilt joke or the tight ar@$D Scotsman comment, but be careful what goes around comes around lol

For a relative newcomer not just to the site but also to guitar what kind have you got? And what flavour (flavor for Bear) of music to you prefer?

rapsidy

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 pm

I bought a guitar not noing (for bear) knowing much about them, so I took a friend along who has played for awhile and just went with his okay, so I bought a Yamaha FGX720SCA and case for $800 AUD It seems to do the job for now. Any suggestions for a future purchase???

Flavour of music

Well I like a lot of the songs on here

I like CCR, Neil Young, folk songs, soft rock I suppose you call it, not into heavy stuff or noise, has to have a nice tune and a good meaning. My main goal is to learn, then be able to play spiritual songs as well, but due to the fact they are not popular I need to learn first then transcribe those songs.

but I like a lot of music anything that has good tune and lyrics is the critera, I even like ENYA but don't shoot me :woohoo: some of the BOSS songs johnny cash, Dylan, roy Orbison Mystery girl album, Neil diamond some aussie bands cold chisel, aussie crawl when I was younger and the DOORS had a big influence in my early life although their songs are a bit dark and I avoid them now except for their commercially made ones

sorry for rabbitting on its such a broad subject, but thats a glimpse into past and present tastes.

:)

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm

rapsidy wrote:
I bought a guitar not noing (for bear) knowing much about them, so I took a friend along who has played for awhile and just went with his okay, so I bought a Yamaha FGX720SCA and case for $800 AUD It seems to do the job for now. Any suggestions for a future purchase???

Flavour of music

Well I like a lot of the songs on here

I like CCR, Neil Young, folk songs, soft rock I suppose you call it, not into heavy stuff or noise, has to have a nice tune and a good meaning. My main goal is to learn, then be able to play spiritual songs as well, but due to the fact they are not popular I need to learn first then transcribe those songs.

but I like a lot of music anything that has good tune and lyrics is the critera, I even like ENYA but don't shoot me :woohoo: some of the BOSS songs johnny cash, Dylan, roy Orbison Mystery girl album, Neil diamond some aussie bands cold chisel, aussie crawl when I was younger and the DOORS had a big influence in my early life although their songs are a bit dark and I avoid them now except for their commercially made ones

sorry for rabbitting on its such a broad subject, but thats a glimpse into past and present tastes.

:)
Well as an Aussie you have indigenous choices of Maton or Cole Clark, both excellent guitars, I personally endorse Cole Clarks due to the fact they are really into the conservation side of things use local woods and have great electronics, high end for mid range price. Bigbear will jump on in shortly no doubt and try to sell you a Taylor, they are also good guitars (don't say I said so though). When you have played a little while the bet thing I found is to try out as many guitars as you can and get the feel for whats right for you, it can be quite a personal thing and as a fairly major investment you want to get something you are comfortable with.

Your taste in music is so similar to many of us here so you should fit right in.

Thanks for responding

regards

Chas

AndyT

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 am

Spiritual music is totally popular in my hangouts! Have any songs in particular you're after?

Catman

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Brad,

This guitar stuff is all well and good, but it has its time and place. Now, motorbikes! There's a topic! You need to talk about your avatar picture so I can relax and get back to playing guitar. :)

David

rapsidy

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 am

catman Dont get me started on bikes I love my bikes

That avatar is my next bike the VFR 1200F when they bring the price down its 25K here in OZ and I m not paying that much for a bike, Im hopefull the price will come down :unsure:

currently ride a vfr 800 vtec.

Chas I did see those brands at the shop where I bought mine, but I will only buy something like that when I can actually play, but will definately check them out when that time comes.

AndyT
wheres your hangout :) yes I have plenty I have the chords and lyrics but its the rhythm and strumming I have no idea about, I'll get a list for you to see if you know them, that would be great

cheers
Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic