G day fro WA

rapsidy

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:22 am

Hello all

after about 2hrs of searching I findly found the introduce me thread. Navigating around here is time consuming.

Anyhow I have been learning now for 14 mths Im 38 from Australia. I wished I had not left it so long before deciding to learn. I always believed you had to be talented and musical to be able to play. So i never bothered as I was neither of the two, but I love music and always envied those who could play. I met a church friend who played and he encouraged me to learn.

I have bought other lessons off the internet, some good some not so good, then I found Neils site while youtubing how to play who'll stop the rain (love CCR) John fogerty :) buy the way anyone know the strumming for rock n roll girls lol.

And so far Im impressed with Neils style and teaching, especially how he breaks down a song and shows the STRUMMING pattern.

So I think I have found the place that will take me to where I want to be

cheers
Brad

haoli25

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 am

Welcome Brad. Glad you decided to join us. You have came to the right place, Neil has the best lessons on the internet. There are also many great members (many from Oz too) that will be more than help you find your way around the site and also help you with any guitar questions. If you see something that catches your eye (or ear), just jump in. Your ideas, questions, and opinions are always welcome here.

Bill

michelew

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 am

A big HI from Sydney - great to have another Aussie in the flock. You've found the right place that's for sure. You'd love it here. You might want to brush up on your time management skills because you'll soon get suck in to the TG black hole like the rest of us - there's more than enough to learn, interesting discussions, support of all types, great people, great fun. Whatever you're looking for your bound to find it here. Have fun and see you around. Michele

prawnpig

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:44 am

Welcome Brad from Vancouver Island you found the right site the lessons are awesome and the community here is second to none enjoy your stay.

Dave

AndyT

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:57 am

The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.
We love to help out anyway we can.

Neil has a policy of letting us answer first and if we are way off base then he jumps in and corrects us all in one fell swoop. So you can have confidence in the answers you will be getting here, even if Neil did not post it.

tovo

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 am

haoli25 wrote:
There are also many great members (many from Oz too)
You know Bill, if you were Chas I would swear you were having a shot at us! "We've got great members....and the ones from Australia! (For God's sake don't take that seriously, I'm just ribbing you)

Hi Brad and welcome. Glad you found the introduction thread. There's heaps of great people here (some Americans as well). Hope you learn your way around. If you have problems just ask and you will get help.

Cheers mate.

haoli25

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 am

tovo wrote:
There's heaps of great people here (some Americans as well).

Better change that to (A few Americans and that damn Kiwi) Tony.

Bill Image

AndyT

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:42 am

I better go practice! I feel a "Love your Neighbor" sermon coming on... LOL

tom18

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:55 am

Hi Brad,
And welcome from New Jersey where it is now snowing again (argh!). You've come to the right place to hone your skills and to enjoy the community of like minded folks. Learn and enjoy.
Tom

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:22 am

I always believed you had to be talented and musical to be able to play.
... and then you found us TG members and you realised you were perfectly qualified to join, right? ;-)

Welcome from Switzerland Brad! We have Austria next door and 50% of Americans think that's the same as Oz so we're neighbours ;-). Just like to point out that the Americans here belong to the other 50%, of course. Hope you have a ball here. The antipodal community here is small but influential... and we love em!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic