New guy on the block

ceaser67

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi All

My name is Tommy just signed up :) been stuck in a rut for a few years playing the same songs wrongly) :) this site seems really good and Neil seems a genuine enough guy
any feedback welcome

BigBear

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey Tommy, big welcome to the program from Oregon! We're glad to have you with us!

Tell us a little more about you; where you live, how old you are, what you play, your musical tastes and maybe what you hope to gain from the program. We're a very tight knit, incredibly supportive community and we all enjoy getting to know one another!

And don't stay a stranger on this forum. There is a ton of good, useful information provided by the TARGET program but there are also centuries worth of experience in all the players, of all abilities, who use this forum. Just ask and you'll get more help than you can probably ever use!

Hope to see you on the the forum again soon. Happy playin' and enjoy your musical journey!

Cheers! :cheer:

ceaser67

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi oregon
I live in a place called Glasgow.(scotland)i am 41yrs young,i like simon and garfunkel,neil young,james morrison,tom petty basically it would have to be very loud for me to dislike it,(maybe showing my age there)what i would like to get most from the lessons is to refresh my mind as i am at the mental block stage with the the guitar,to be totally honest i have to many bad habits but at least i hope this is the first step to rectify this,i have my own business manufacturing doors,i feel it is starting to care of itself and i have a bit more time on my hands,also been a single parent for 16years so my 21year old son doesnt take as much of my time as he used to lol prefers the women and his boxing to his old man lol(leaves me time for the guitar now lol)

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 pm

ceaser67 wrote:
Hi oregon
I live in a place called Glasgow.(scotland)i am 41yrs young,i like simon and garfunkel,neil young,james morrison,tom petty basically it would have to be very loud for me to dislike it,(maybe showing my age there)what i would like to get most from the lessons is to refresh my mind as i am at the mental block stage with the the guitar,to be totally honest i have to many bad habits but at least i hope this is the first step to rectify this,i have my own business manufacturing doors,i feel it is starting to care of itself and i have a bit more time on my hands,also been a single parent for 16years so my 21year old son doesnt take as much of my time as he used to lol prefers the women and his boxing to his old man lol(leaves me time for the guitar now lol)

Welcome Tommy! Guess you are new, as you mentioned the infamous TOM PETTY in your intro. (I'm a fan too- but you'll see what I mean soon enough).

See you on the site.

Al

coomba

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm

G'day Ceaser67
Welcome from Oz
Your at the right place.
The people here are great, they are very supportive and friendly. The more you get involved the more you'll get out of it.
Have fun
Cheers
Scott

ceaser67

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

cheers scott finding it a bit difficult to get on to the target programe videos not showing dont know what to do know

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Welcome Tommy.... say goodbye to your blockage... your improvement is pretty much guaranteed at TG! Have fun and enjoy!

hasben

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Welcome Tommy! I too am a Scot-- several generations removed :) . You will learn much here and feel free to make yourself heard on the forum and elsewhere. I think a good place to start is to ask Neil for some Tom Petty lessons. :laugh: Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma.

ceaser67

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Fred,
i take it neil doesnt think much of tom petty then,i have a feeling you are giving me an introduction that i wont forget lol,this is a saying of mine Fred
ITS BETTER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS,THAN TO ASK FOR PERMISSION
somehow i think i will be asking for forgiveness from neil hahaha

Thanks anyway Fred

izzyhara

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Welcome from Colorado. The others said it best - don't be a stranger to the Forum. If you actually do have problems with any of the videos, make sure you log a support ticket. Those people are the best !!!
These guys are already trying to draw you into their ongoing Tom Petty battle. Fight along side them if you want, but don't let them use you just because you are the new kid. :laugh:
We have a blast, learn a lot, and share our progress with each other and Neil. I am amazed at how much better I play and sing after a long hiatus (same as you - career, parenting). Have fun !!! Izzy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic