another newbie

waxies

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi All

Someone suggested I should introduce myself but i've just found the 'please introduce yourself' section thanks to Tommy from Scotland.

I'm Gerry similiar to others played guitar when younger and then lost the time, only plyed it for the kids when they were younger then they grew disinterested, guitars ended up in attic, then my life took an unexpected change and i found myself with more time, rediscovered my guitars and my pick and started playing for friends(neighbours). Always had a love for Jim Croche material, played 'had to say i love you in a song' for years but was never happy with mid section, saw Neil's vid on utube and signed up for the lesson, very happy i now know the chord i was missing all those years.
Played Irish trad music for quite a while so anyone want to know how to play a jig no problem...Live in Ireland after many many years living in england, orginally from Belfast N.Ireland. Not sure what else to say except i've found some material on the site that brings me back and has me playing stuff i thought I'd forgot....looking forward to the coming months

Craig

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Welcome from San Diego, California. The site is a lot of fun. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Craig

mcfingers

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Welcome to the party from Northern California. Gerry, put me down for learning a jig or anything else. I love Celtic music. My ancestors hail from Scotland, so I am ready and willing.
Like most of the rest of us, I think you will really enjoy the TG family.
Cheers,
Steve

haoli25

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Welcome Waxies. You have came to the right place, in no time, you will find it difficult to put your guitar down. The lessons are that good. If you have any questions, just ask. You will be amazed at all of the help and support on this site. When you have a chance, check out the TARGET program too. Its the best money you will ever spend on your guitar education.

Glad to have you with us.

Bill

dekotaj

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Welcome Gerry,

I to am a big Croce fan.And cant wait to see some more lessions on his songs.

T.G.Is a good site with good people.So play your songs and join in on the fourm,Enjoy.

Kevin
Northern Illinios

izzyhara

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Welcome from Colorado. This is a great guitar site, and we do learn a lot from each other. So get that video camera out and post a video of a jig. How fun that Neil resolved the Croce song for you. Glad you found him, and us. Hang out with us in the forum. We are great fun !! Izzy

BobR

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Welcome Gerry from Massachusetts. I have no doubt you're going to have a great time here.

Keep on strumming( or picking :laugh: )

Bob

Fred

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find the site really enjoyable and informative.

Fred

buddy

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Waxie,

Welcome to the site, looking forward to your post and some Irish Jig.

Bud

Lavallee

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi Waxie, welcome from Montreal Canada, Looking forward to read you on the forum

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic