53 Years Young Beginner

BobR

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 am

Paul,

As you can tell by the responses this is a great place to be to learn the guitar and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Enjoy

Bob

datazman

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 am

Great gift from your wife!
I have one of those wife’s too; she often buys me a new model airplanes. Now maybe a new guitar is on her list. (Equally expensive)

Ta Ta
Paul

Lavallee

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:44 am

mzuko wrote:
My wife got me a guitar for my 48th birthday two years ago. Tough going. I play on average 10 hours a week and am determined to improve.
I have had several different teachers, but each time I was bored. Easier for me to do it on my own with several good books and a few internet sites. Good luck.
Hi MZUKO, welcome to the TG forum. If you have a chance, introduce yourself (where you from, the music you like, etc... ) in the thread below so that people have the chance to meet with you.

Marc

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/84- ... self-here/

datazman

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:44 am

Bob:
Yes ....... I am loving it already.

Thank you for the welcome!

Paul

RicksPick

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello Paul

A warm welcome from the UK
Nice avatar

RicksPick

d_dog

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Hello Paul, from WA state! I hear you about Neil making you go "Oh ya!" He is so good at breaking things down and tying them in with some fundamental thing that you need to know. You're not going to want to leave after your first 6 months. :)
Barre chords are certainly a challenge, or "Bar" chords, since they can drive you to drink. :woohoo: But with the help that you'll get here you'll get them down easily.
Play on!

abiliog

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Paul,

I'm 48 and started 6 months ago. I played for about a year when I was 18 but only because I wanted to learn some Genesis/Pink Floyd/ELP/Camel songs. Back in those days it was near impossible for me because all you could get was sheet music, pretty much all of it for the piano. I don't have that much of a musical ear to pick it up naturally from the record.

I joined the target program (6 month subscription) and consider it money well spent. I'm pretty sure I will extend it. My only gripe is that I would like to see more songs being added. Having said that, that's a mistake I made...I can play parts of many songs but only a few all the way through. I've given myself a bollocking for that and am deliberately trying to step backwards a bit in order to get full songs down.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Mark (Manchester, UK)

datazman

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Hello Paul

A warm welcome from the UK
Nice avatar

RicksPick
Ricks:
Re: Avitar; When I first got my laptop I was playing with the web cam and came up with that. I was thinking of having my wife take a photo of me with my Yamaha but have changed my mind as the currant Avitar has a unique caricature to it and reflects my playful personalty.

Your Avitar is a little on the unique side as well. Spicy Brown Mustard anyone?

Ta Ta for now and thank you for the welcome.

Paul

datazman

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello Paul, from WA state! I hear you about Neil making you go "Oh ya!" He is so good at breaking things down and tying them in with some fundamental thing that you need to know. You're not going to want to leave after your first 6 months.
Barre chords are certainly a challenge, or "Bar" chords, since they can drive you to drink. But with the help that you'll get here you'll get them down easily.
Play on!
D-dog:
Yes I am with Neal's way of teaching. (if you are looking on Neal, thank you)
The only reason I am planning to sign up for target for 6 Months to start is because of available cash. I now have to share my budget with my Model Airplane addition. If you have read my first post you will see it as another one of my passions. I am putting finishing my winter project on hold in favor of joining Target. I am sure I will sign up for another 6 mounts or a year when it comes time to buck up again.

Barre cords: Well just a challenge, I love a good challenge.

Thank you for the welcome.

Ta Ta.
Paul

TGMatt

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Welcome mate you have found a home..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic