Hello Fellow Musicians

tobman

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am

Hello all you TG members. I just signed up for the Target program. I have been a guitarist on and off since high school in the 70s. I have picked up the guitar and put it down for years at a time, several times. No time like the present.

My goals and expectations are low for myself, given time constraints and lack of natural ability. My last foray into guitar, which ended a few years ago, was on the classical side. There was a great teacher here then, classical, and so I went for it, learned a lot, and had some fun. In the end I got sick of classical music, and lost interest. I am rocker and blueser at heart, always will be.

I live in Steamboat Springs, CO, am 47, male, and have three wonderful kids and a very supportive wife. So if I live into my 80s, I've got over 30 years to figure out how to play this wonderful instrument.

I own a Martin D16, dreadnought, and a Baby Taylor.

leeson

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 am

Welcome Tobman!

You have found a home here at TG.

Bill

Craig

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Welcome! You have found the right place to be. The members are very positive and encouraging. Your story is similar to a lot of members, so you are in good company. I know you will love the site as much as I do.
Craig

RicksPick

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Hello and Welcome Tobman
Warm greetings from the UK

RicksPick

ceaser67

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi tobman
Welcome to TG,i only signed up a few weeks ago and i can tell you it is a great site,everyone i have had contact with have been helpful in any way they could,i also own a martin(dcx1ke),i also have an ultra series ovation although this guitar is about 25-30yrs young it still has a good sound if i remember just had a thought i havent played since i bought the martin lol(2 mths ago),if youre anything like me,if you think you have bad habits you thought correctly,ime still trying to overcome that i have a lot more than i first thought lol,anyway enjoy yourself
Tommy

tom18

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Tobman and welcome from New Jersey. You've come to the right place and I'm sure you'll progress beyond your expectations and have a great time doing it. All the best,
Tom

BigBear

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Tobman- that's awesome! Big welcome to the program! You are going to love it here because of the excellent content and really great, supportive people.

So if you ever have questions or need help don't be shy about asking. There are many helpers here!

Good luck on your musical journey and don't be a stranger on the forum!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Tobman,

Welcome. As the others have already said this is the place to be. There's so much here you'll never get bored. TG and all the members are always very helpful.

Bob

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Welcome to TG Toby, Quite nice to be called Musician, although not sure i've earned that yet, but certainly working on it and this site is the place to do just that as I'm sure you'll find out in time.

regards

Chas

mcfingers

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

A hearty welcome from Northern California. I think you will lots to keep your interest up here at TG. Plus there are many wonderful people hear to support your efforts. Grab your guitar, sit down and strum awhile.

Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic