Greetings From Minnesota.

dieguy

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:18 am

Thank you all for the kind replies and the words and inspiration. To reply to a few of your comments and questions:

Chas and Marc, I will definitely be uploading a video, I agree this would be a perfect first step for me. I made my first video last night ,for my eyes only at this point ;), I can't believe how different my guitar sounds from a different perspective. I have always leaned towards a little brighter sound but my guitar sounds very bright, I may need to experiment with different strings.

Kevin, Before I hit the local park I will try to play for some family and friends first, along with making some videos and sharing it with the TG family. I will definitely be taking your advice before I hit the stage. Who knows maybe I will even make some new friends.

Andy T. no worries about obsessing too much, my wife is wonderful about keeping me grounded, even if she needs to knock me down there :lol: just kidding.

Haoli25 - "the other Bill" I currently have a Seagull S6 Spruce top. It is interesting that this was the first thing that drew me to Neil. I had just purchased my Seagull when I came across Neil on Youtube. I thought it was very cool that he also played a Seagull as I had never seen anyone else who had one. I love this guitar. I actually just returned from purchasing a mid nineties Guild F5CE-Nat I purchased off of Ebay. This thing really sounds great and plays beautifully, It sounds so completely different than my Seagull I thought it would be a great addition for me, Plus I think I got a really good deal on it. I also have a Epi Sheraton II that I found at a pawn shop. It really reminded me of John Lennons Sheraton and I just had to have it.

To the rest of you thanks again for the encouragement. With your help I will be able to break through this bubble that I have put up around myself.

Bill

BobR

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi Bill,

Welcome from MA. Glad to see your not lurking around anymore :laugh: I've gone to a few open mic's lately(To watch, not play, at least not yet maybe).

Since you're already a long time member you know all that's here.

Bob

BigBear

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey Bill! Glad you finally jumped in the pool! And you don't have to drill holes in the ice to fish in the TG waters! lol! My dear Swedish grandfather was from Duluth which I'll bet is downright balmy this time of year! lol! :laugh:

There's lots here to learn so don't stay be a stranger on the forum. We'd love to hear from you!

Cheers from Oregon! :cheer:

izzyhara

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Nice to meet you, and greetings from Colorado. Can't wait to hear more from you and "see" you on TG's equivalent of open mic night - the video. We are all here to help each other, and it would be fun if your kids got involved with your guitar and singing. If I had some kids around, they would become my camera men. Since you have been lurking around anyway, you know the routine, and the good people that are here every day - multiple times a day. Welcome.... Izzy

smips65

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey Bill,

Welcome aboard.

I live in Maplewood, so let me know when you "go for it" at open mic nite. I'll be there.

Jeff

dieguy

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I have been reading some old posts and I just read that Neils guitar is not a Seagull afterall, I just assumed it was as it really looks very close. Funny how what drew me to Neil on youtube turns out to be wrong, Well either way I am glad for my mistake. I am really learning a lot.

Bill

tovo

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Hey Bill. In the flurry of introductions I missed yours. Glad you have decided to get active on the forum, always good to have new perspectives. Keeps things interesting. I share the goal of open-mike with you, and agree that it's about overcoming nerves and just showing what you can do. I remember the first video I did for TG I was incredibly nervous and I wouldn't say I am by nature a shy person, so I can only imagine it will be quite nerve wracking to play for the first time to an audience, yet I also imagine it would be extremely rewarding. Good luck with realising your goal in that regard.

dieguy

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks for your vote of confidence TOVO, I am making big strides since joining TG. Now I just have to bear down and perfect a couple tunes instead of bouncing around so much

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic