Greetings From Minnesota.

dieguy

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Hello fellow TG'ers. I have been Lurking around the website from the very beginning but I have finally decided to join the forum discussions.

My name is Bill, my name on TG is Dieguy because I have been a steel rule diemaker for almost 20 years. I am 39 and married to a wonderful woman with 2 great boys (17 and 10). I have the same story as many of you that I played alot in my teens and early twenties then life happened and have recently rediscovered the joy of the guitar.

My oldest boy is dating a very talented girl who plays guitar and sings. I went to see her play at an open mic night at a coffee shop in St. Paul and I had an absolute blast watching all of the performers. Some were very good and others not so much but they all seemed to enjoy themselves so much. I have always been so shy about my guitar playing that I decided right then and there that I would set a goal for myself. My goal is to get my playing up to a level that I could have the confidence to play an open mic night. I have always been so conservative and uptight that I think it would be a great experience for me. I also think it could help me to loosen up and enjoy life a bit more. I don't know if I will ever get the courage up to do this but with Neil and the rest of you I feel I am on a good path to realize this goal. I look forward to making freinds and being a part of this wonderful community. See you in the forum.

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi Bill!

You're in good company.. There's a few others on TG that want to try their hand at an open mic night when they're ready.

When you do- make sure you get some of it on video so we can all enjoy it.

Glad you came out of the shadows and into the interactive part of the forums.

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Welcome to Tg Bill, What a great goal,and this site is certainly the place to help you attain it. The uploading of videos, can be good practice for a mic night.

Good to see you in the forums, lots of advice flies around here and most of it is good!

Chas

dekotaj

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Hey Bill,

Great to have you on board.Great place to hone those skills.TONS of great song to learn,Great people to help if needed.And great instruction on your progress from Mr.Hogan.

And as far as building confidence,grab your guitar set on the porch and play for the folks walking and driving by.Or head down to the park on a nice day.Just a matter of getting use to it.Have fun!! :cheer: :cheer:

Kevin
Northern Illinois

Lavallee

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Hello Bill, glad you decided to join TG and that you decided to post in the forum. It is great to see the people`s background. As the others have said the video is a real boost fro confidence once you are over the first one. Looking forward to see one.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 am

Hey Bill! Welcome and thanks for coming out of the woodwork to join us on the forums. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself even more here. Look forward to seeing you around!

AndyT

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:11 am

As a veteran Open Mic player, let me welcome you to TG. I know you've been sitting in the corner being very non-demonstrative, but giving yourself a goal like that is great. Just don't obsess over it. Let it happen in its own time. It will be more fun that way.

willem

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 am

Bill a very warm welcome from the Netherlands,,,great goal for you to losing up and enjoy life,,and that start here,, i think,,,well its a great place...

haoli25

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 am

Hello Bill. Glad you decided to join us from COLD Minnesota! Very nice intro. As you have found, Neil's lessons are the best and you will be ready for Open-Mic night in no time at all. There are a lot of great people and fine musicians here in the Forum ready to help you if you need it. Your questions, tips, and opinions are always welcome here.
What kind of guitar are you playing?

Other Bill Image

tom18

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 am

Greetings from New Jersey Bill! Since you've been on the site for quite a while you already know how helpful a place this is. I'm sure you'll reach you're goal of stepping onto that stage someday soon.
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic