LALITA on NANTUCKET

Pilgrim

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Its great to be welcomed into such a great, enthusiastic group. I love so many different styles of music - Irish, folk, pop,- but my favorite is the blues!! My plan is to learn from Neil, along with all of you, and then play and sing my heart out!! on the streets of Nantucket where I live, in Coffee Houses, bars, living rooms and maybe even concert halls around the world. Looking forward to hearing from people! PLAY ON!!

takhak

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Welcome from Florida Lalita.This is a great site to keep you inspired.
I grew up on the cape in Sagamore.Hope to hear you play soon.

dekotaj

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey Pilgrim,Great to have you on target,cant wait to here you play and sing for us.Welcome and good luck.

Kevin
Northern Illinois

Pilgrim

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:06 pm

No kidding - it sure is a small world! Did you ever see Susan Tedeschi play when you lived here? She's a massive blues musician here on the Cape. If you know, or anyone knows, any musicians here on Nantucket, I'm always looking for people to meet or hook up with and play. Also, I live on a sailboat and so I'm looking for someone's spare room for a practice space.....any connections out there in Neil-land would be soooo appreciated!! . . . . I was just in Florida - Safety Harbor (near Tampa). We had a great time!! Take care.

takhak

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I've been in FL.for 16 years.I'mvisiting this summer though.
Details on the boat please.Ijust remember the store chain with the last name.

Lavallee

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi Pilgrim, welcome from Canada. I am sure you will have a lot of fun here working on your goal of doing shows. Must be an interesting life to live on a sail boat.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Welcome to TG Pilgrim, this place is certainly going to help you attain your goals of playing anywhere you choose.

Chas

BobR

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Welcome Pilgrim from a Mass. mainlander. Wow, I've lived here my whole life and never made it to Nantucket.

Anyway this is a great place to learn and have a lot of fun doing it. There is so much here you'll love it I am sure.

Bob

izzyhara

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Lalita/Pilgrim. Welcome to TG from Colorado. Just had a couple days in mid MA and NH a couple of weeks ago. After hanging out here, you will be able to play lots of places. But I personally am looking forward to your first video filmed on your boat !!! Don't forget to entertain us as well as doing your "live and maybe paying" gigs. We have a blast here so don't be a stranger to the forum. Izzy.

BigBear

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Lalita- Big welcome to the program from Oregon, on the Left Coast! We're delighted to have you with us and hope you really enjoy your experience here at TG and the TARGET program.

Let us know if we can ever help you out! And don't be a stranger on the forum.

Happy Playin' and Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic