Greetings from Brampton On.

synchroscape

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

I would like to say Hi to all with whom I share the avid desire to be able to play one of two acoustic guitars I am now the proud owner of in the last year and a quarter. I believe this is an amazing site and am happy to have come across it and finally join. After a few short weeks as new member I already here improvement as do my friends and am sure I am not alone in saying that Niel is an exceptional instructor and part of a great team- Matt and Jim. Realized I just missed a good chance to win a guitar but I already own 2 as said and appreciated the chance to view all entries- as all music flows from the heart... I think it will be hard to cast a vote as they are all good. Looking forward to posting a video soon and for feedback. In my limited time of playing (trying to play) before TG I realized I was incorporating lots of bad habits. Now own a metronome and feel inspired but patient with Niel's first 2 lessons. This is indeed a friendly and great site with one common goal I am sensing -We all would like to just play guitar and we all support each others in that respect. Dave

BigBear

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey Dave, big welcome to the program from Oregon! Very glad to have you with us. This site is nothing short of fantastic unless you have attention deficit problems like I do because there is so much good stuff here that it will drive you nuts.

Which song do I work on next? Then Neil dumped about 10 great Eric Clapton songs on us last week. Are you kidding me! I want to learn them all! It's just an embarrassmant of riches!

Anyway, the forum is where it all happens so don't be a stranger here. And let us know if we can ever help you out with anything. There is almost no problem that all us fellow guitarists haven't faced before. It's just amazing how kind and encouraging everyone is on this site and it's what makes TG special.

So good luck and now go pick a few songs and get after it! You'll be totally hooked like we all are!

Cheers! :cheer:

karl01

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm

I,m also in Brampton ontario greatings as well

karl

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Hey Dave, welcome from Switzerland... hope you have a ball here.

wrench

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Glad to have you with us, Dave. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

waggis

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Another welcome from Switzerland. Glad to have you aboard.

David

RicksPick

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Dave

Big welcome from the UK

RicksPick

haoli25

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello Dave. Glad you are here with us at TG. Pull up a comfortable chair, you're going to need it!! Neil has more lessons than you can imagine and more are coming all the time. This is a guitar players paradise. If you need any help finding your way around the aite or if you have any questions, just ask. Some of the best people in the world are here in the Forum and will be all too happy to help.

Bill

willem

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:26 pm

welcome from the Netherlands,,you need a guitar here and some software(and hardware)..

izzyhara

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:40 pm

willem wrote:
welcome from the Netherlands,,you need a guitar here and some software(and hardware)..
And a video camera. This is the greatest place. Great and supportive friends - as others have said, don't be a stranger to the forum. Too many lessons - I try to make lists to keep my focus but then Neil comes out with something I have wanted to learn forever, or Suziko mentions that she is learning something and I do "ooo - pretty" and I am off in that direction. But what is interesting is, even though I have very few polished songs, my playing is getting better everyday because the lessons are diverse. So welcome from Colorado and I hope to see you around..... Izzy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic