Greetings from Brampton On.

tovo

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Welcome Dave from Australia. Glad to have you with us. Enjoy.

coomba

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:55 pm

G'day Dave
Hi from another Aussie and welcome to TG.
All the best with your guitar studies.
and most of all enjoy the ride.
Cheers
Scott

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm

G'Day Dave, Welcome from a SKiwi, (am Scottish but live in New Zealand just across the ditch from the Aussies.)

You're gonna love this place mate, lessons are great but don't forget the Forum and Groups , spoilt for choice here.

regards

Chas

scotta

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi Dave! It's great to have you with us. I think you are really going to enjoy your time here. Have fun!

Scott
Mississippi, USA

wiley

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello from Texas Dave.

I've prepared a list of things you'll be needing here,

1) Laptop Computer, WiFi ready, Air Card (This way you can get here no matter where you are) - minimum 8ghz running speed, quad core. Fastest video card available, additional side monitor (Preferably 32" 1080p/i HD)minimum (this way you can practice one song while watching at least one lesson). 500gig hard drive, 5 Tetra-byte outboard hard drive (to store all the lessons, make that two of these)). Multitask printer, may consider two of these with wireless hookup (this is so you can print out the tab sheets/lesson plans as quickly as possible)DSL hookup, fastest you can get for wherever you are (don't want to slow things down do we?).

2) Seven or eight Acoustic (or Acoustic/Electric) Guitars. Taylor/Cole Clark are the most adored ones here. You'll need these for the different tunings. Don't want to have to change the tunings every time we pick one up do we?

3) Electric Guitars - see above

4) Mandolin(s)

5) Ukulele(s)

6) Bass Guitars - 1 stand up, preferably fretless, 1 four string, 1 five string, and 1 six string (acoustic and electric versions of these, so that's seven or more in total).

7) Two or three web-ready HD video cameras, outboard microphone capable (stereo microphones).

8) Amps, PA system, processors, effects boxes, cables, cable hangers, picks, spare strings, cleaning products.......

Most importantly, an understanding wife/spouse/partner/family/freinds/boss....

Oh yea, and that day job??

Forget it!!

Welcome to TG Dave, dive on in!

Lavallee

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi Dave, welcome to TG from Montreal. As you said, everybody here share your passion for guitar with the chance to learn from the lessons with the best teacher.

Hope to see you in the forum

Marc

dekotaj

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 am

Welcome Dave,

Nice to have you with us.Enjoy the good music and great folks hear at T.G..

Kevin,
Northern Illinois
USA

buddy

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Welcome to TG from Southern California.

BobR

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome to TG. Hope you're having a great time here. BTW you can never have too many guitars. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bob

synchroscape

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:37 am

Hi BigBear and thank-You for welcome, and that is a cool quote. I will have to post a pic of the "Dutchess" my 5 year old King Shepard. Take care for now -Dave ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic