Introducing stevetheroofer to Totally Guitars

stevetheroofer

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:01 am

steve...arundel west sussex uk

ok..I is late forties been playing on and off for pleasure around 20 yrs ...never had lessons just self teaching...now i would like to go a little further and develop the full range of skills..just found this site by browsing liked the easy to follow teachings

i play 12 strings ..strung at the momment to 6..to help with the fingering skills..insead of hit an miss style that was kinda of a bad habit for me

I like all music generes..but more at home with rythm such as beatles..carpenters...animals...love to learn some clever little rifts such as the one demonstrated on the wild horses tutorial

to be able to play along to most things i hear..maybe join some other musicians

ok..I am a roofer ..but currently focusing on self building houses for ourselves...I am married have 2 boys..the older one is twenty..and a competent guitarist..i showed him some basics and look what happens...Grrr!!..younger boy is 17 and studying performing arts..he is a dancer and wants to be in the west end and broadway..so i guess music is in the blood

apart from the usual mid life crisis stuff like motor bikes and boats..i like to walk to keep trim as poss..gets harder every year!!..lol

Lavallee

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 am

Hi Steve , welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. Great intro, I am sure that you will have a good time here.

Marc

izzyhara

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 am

Hi Steve and welcome from Colorado. Thanks for sharing what your life is like. I always find that so interesting. Don't be a stranger to the forum, and have a great time with all the material that is available here. Make sure you check out the Target program as well. Many of us are self taught and it has been great for us to actually have as good a teacher as Neil available to us 24x7. Have fun, and let us know if any of us can help you. Izzy

willem

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 am

Warm welcome from the Netherlands Steve,,i think you find your way here and you can run with many midlife songs,,well we try them again,, i for example discover the beatles (in my twenty's i was more a rollingstone),,,when you join target,,well man you gonna sell your bike..

dekotaj

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 am

Hey Steve,

Welcome from Northern Illinois USA.Grab your guitar and a couple of songs and we'll see ya around the site,Have fun.

Kevin

buddy

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Welcome to TG from Southern California.

haoli25

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello Steve. Glad you decided to join us here at TG. If we can help you with questions or just navigating the site, just ask.

Bill

BobR

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi Steve,

This is the place to be to improve your guitar playing. Hope you have fun and learn at the same time.

Welcome

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Welcome Steve... glad to see more and more Brits joining the site!
Chris in Switzerland

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Welcome to TG Steve, Good decision to join us here, next step is the TARGET programme, thats where all the really good stuff is and you won't regret it. Its great to read the extra bits some people put in, you know occupations family stuff. Adds that extra dimension making this site even more homely and safe. Also a bit of a database when we need jobs done and can find someone to shoulder tap when we need some help with a job lol! When your next in New Zealand I have some roofing tiles need replacing...

Enjoy the site mate lots to keep you busy here.

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic