Introductions

tovo

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Can I ask what's going on with these introductions? I assume that new people are responding to some form of template, and some chose not to answer certain questions, but it's not exactly providing a wealth of information. I always try to greet new people (yes I'm a hero aren't I?) but hard to welcome someone when they say nothing about themselves. Other than saying "welcome" I suppose.

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm

tovo wrote:
Can I ask what's going on with these introductions? I assume that new people are responding to some form of template, and some chose not to answer certain questions, but it's not exactly providing a wealth of information. I always try to greet new people (yes I'm a hero aren't I?) but hard to welcome someone when they say nothing about themselves. Other than saying "welcome" I suppose.

Kinda like 'acoustic'?

tovo

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
tovo wrote:

Kinda like 'acoustic'?
Yes...kinda like that.

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:32 pm

tovo wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
tovo wrote:

Kinda like 'acoustic'?
Yes...kinda like that.
Matt asked us for thoughts on this a short while ago, didn't think it would be implemented yet, plus some are a bit bereft on detail. SOme have just been downright strange 'Rue de roses' or whatever...

tom18

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Tony & Al,
I've been wondering the same thing. I did notice that many of the new members on the forum haven't yet joined Target. I hope they'll consider it since it really is where the value is. Hopefully they'll consider full membership and share a little more about they're background and interests.
Tom
ps Honest folks, it's worth it!

izzyhara

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 am

Yes it is a little hard to get to know some of these people. And there have been a ton of them lately. I actually haven't studied it, but notice there is a new free sign up form on the front page. Is that where these people are coming from? Are they just automatically transferred to the "Please introduce yourself section"? That is sort of what it feels like. I have spent hours trying to greet everyone and do my thing to get to know them. But it just isn't working like it used to. If they are getting dumped into the "Please Introduce Yourself" thread, I think that should stop. People should go there because they want to, or because someone tells them to. Meanwhile, Bill (Haoli) has been the king of the response to these new members. What a quirky sent of humor you have. Izzy

izzyhara

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:33 am

OK - I just went and looked at the new free member sign up page. I thought perhaps it asked what kind of music you played, or type of guitar, or something like that. But it doesn't, at least on the front screen. And what was with the Admin introduction? I mean Admin is clearly Neil, right? I am so confused.... Hopefully Matt will chime in and tell us what might be going on. Izzy

TGMatt

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:25 am

Its a series of forms they get to answer or skip..so some people are not taking advantage of it , and others are..we will monitor it and tweak it ..and so just answer the ones you want to..I have deleted one , and we will probably adjust it next week,but by and large it works and people by and large are starting their fist dialogue..so go with it for now

I will fix a couple of things to help it along, and teh rest of you just keep an eye on the ones you like

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:34 am

I missed this thread because of all the Introducing threads! I already wrote a PM to Matt on the same lines mentioned. Too many introductions in one day will lead to less response from me (there were about a dozen within the last 24 hours)unless I start copy pasting but that would defeat the object of the exercise. There was a time when I greeted everybody but it's become a bit of a chore.

izzyhara

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm

I am kinda with you here Chris. I mean, if they don't want to start any kind of dialogue, I think I will just say welcome from CO or something. I am exhausted from try to make everyone feel welcome when they don't choose to share any info.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic