Introducing brendanbawden to Totally Guitars

brendanbawden

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:33 am

Brendan Bawden
Ballarat, Australia.

43 years old. Self taught drummer from many years ago.Was interested in learning guitar when mates left their guitars in my shed after jam sessions, so I picked one up and found a chord chart and started from there. That was 3 years ago. Found You tube helped with a couple of songs then I came across one of your preview lessons and now here I am hoping your site will help me immensely.

Ashton six string acoustic. Would love to play a Twelve string, I love the sound they create.

Anything that is simple enough for me to pick up. I love the finger picking sound but I'm not good at it and need proper lessons.

To play with fluency.

I'm a secondary school teacher. I teach the Indonesian language. and Humanities.

Love sailing and motor sports. I also act in local musical productions. My last role was Thenardier in Les Mis. Played Gus in Cats as well.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:14 am

Oh "Théatre", you say ... "Les Misérables", "Cats" ... well that's really cool

Secondary school aside, actors are real HAMs, so nice to have you around to inspire us, no limits.

You are welcome :)

michelew

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:09 am

Hi from Sydney Brendan. Nice to have another Aussie on the site. There's a few of us now. You've come to the right place. If you want to get the most out of this site consider joining the Target program. See you around. Michele

willem

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:10 am

Welcome from the Netherlands,,there are here guy's with 12 strings,,even one with 10 and a lot with 6,,they have join the target program and learn to fingerpick all around there guitar,Target lessons give you a bit more then the free lessons but that's up the you,check it out.. wish you a lot of fun, and we wait on your reciept for some good noodle's while we noodle the guitar...

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:31 am

Welcome Brendan from Switzerland. Enjoy yourself here.... best thing you ever did to join TG for your guitar playing! See you around the forums. Er, I'm the 10 string player Willem mentioned.

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:41 am

Welcome Brendan from New Zealand, good decision to join us here at TG, even better if you check out the TARGET programme. Great lessons and great friendships. Oh and I'm one of those 12 stringers although also have several 6's to keep me honest lol

Chas

izzyhara

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 am

Welcome Brendan - from Colorado. My you have a lot going on in your life. Thanks for sharing all that you did. It is always interesting to learn about other people. The forum is a great place to hang out and Target will provide you will instruction beyond your imagination. Have fun!! Izzy

haoli25

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 am

Hello Brendan. Welcome to the TG Forum. An 11-stringer here. (I've gotta buy new strings) I also play a few 6 strings too. This is a great place to learn, you will be fingerpicking before you know it! Enjoy the ride. :)

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic