Introducing ad1169 to Totally Guitars

ad1169

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 pm

My name is Alexis and I am a solid average guitar player-- I can strum just about anything. I would love to take my playing to the next level and learn fingerpicking songs. I just don't have a lot of time so I am trying to figure out if joining will be worth it. I currently live in Houston but am moving to Chicago this summer.

I'm 25 and my dad plays so I tried to start learning at 15 but didn't actually focus and practice enough to be able to do it until I was 23. I started looking for lessons because I don't have a lot of time to go somewhere and take lessons and I'm also kindof impatient right now--there are a few songs I just really want to play and I feel like I want to learn them and go back and get basic technique later...

I play steel string acoustic...I love it and don't really care about learning anything else until I get where I want to be on this!

I like playing country, but I recently (because of my dad) really got into more folky music like Jim Croce...I don't know a lot and I'm trying to expand my horizons but I love the sound.

I'll Have to Say I Love You In a Song- Jim Croce
Strong Enough- Sheryll Crow
Don't Think Twice It's Alright- Bob Dylan
The Last Thing On My Mind- Gram Parsons
Landslide- Fleetwood Mac

Those are my present goals

I was in pharmaceutical sales for a year and recently quit to join Teach for America. I will be teaching elementary in south Chicago starting this summer.

I love the outdoors, reading and traveling.

tovo

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi Alexis welcome from Australia. As you probably know, almost all of the songs on your list are in the Target program so with some work they are all very achievable. Welcome aboard here and I can say with authority that all the resources you need to improved rapidly are right here on TG. Enjoy.

Lavallee

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Alexis, great intro. Target is perfect for you since you can work on the lessons whenever you want and at the rhythm you see fit.

Hope to read you in forum soon

Marc

haoli25

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Alexis and welcome to TG. Marc is right, the TARGET program is made to order for you. You can just learn at your own pace and as your schedule permits. There are a lot of friendly people here to help you if you get stuck, so let us hear from you. Glad to have you with us.

Bill

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Hey Alexis,

Your description SCREAMS out TARGET membership. Do a few of the free Target samples to get a feel for how they're structured. You'll be all over it!

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:52 am

HI Alexis, man is TG for you, as everyone has rightly stated you should find this the perfect place to improve you playing. the TARGET programme is where its all at so check out the samples

Chas New Zealand

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic