Introducing stevebalmer to Totally Guitars

Lavallee

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Introduce your name and location here

My name is Steven Balmer and I live in Dunoon, Scotland.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

Im in my thirties and have been messing about with guitar since teenage years. I havent improved much and though I do not expect to be an amazing guitarist I would like to feel comfortable enough to play the music I enjoy and share it with friends. I like an accoustic sound and although I love all types of weird music I imagine it is easy listening, popular music I want to learn first. I also want to improve so getting my head round some scales would be good too.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Accoustic, tried lead but not really for me.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

Soft rock, new age punk and all the old classics from 70s and 80s. More modern stuff would be Paolo Nutini, Strokes, Seasick Steve.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I would like to play with friends without getting stressed out and tensing up. I love to have a sing a long.

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I work in finance & insurance. Self employed so lots of stress and flexibility.

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

I love football, beer, my kids (order not relevent) all the usual stuff. Ace snooker and pool player too.

haoli25

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Welcome Steven. It is nice to have you with us at TG. Take a look around then grab a lesson or two and get started. If you have a question or if you need help, just ask. Happy playing.

Bill

suziko

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Welcome to TG Steven. Look forward to seeing you around. Take care.

- Catfish

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic