Introducing drouilhet to Totally Guitars

skaladar

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Introduce your name and location here

I'm Chris from Picayune, Mississippi

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

I am 32. I started playing guitar at 16 but quit when I joined the Army at 19. I started back up recently and found that although I remember quite a bit my fingers are not as apt as my mind to cooperate.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I play a Fender dreadnought acustic and an Epiphone Les Paul. I also play the bass for the church band. It's an Ibanez that I borrow.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I really enjoy Classic Rock and some blues. I am open to learning new styles but they have to be fun to play. Nothing to whiny. Goth is out.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I just want to improve my overall skill and my timing (playing with a band). Didn't have the internet to train from when I was a teenager.

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I work offshore as an automation technician 7 days on 7 days off.

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

Devoted husband and father of three lovely girls. I like to fish and motor sports. I had a phase of restoring old muscle cars but the finances can't handle the strain these days. I love to play music, especially with friends.

haoli25

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Howdy Chris. Welcome to TG, glad you decided to join us here. If you scan through the Master Menu, i think you will find plenty of things to catch your interest. Neil's lessons are the best and there is also an excellent electric guitar player, a great classical instructor, a bass instructor, and a singing coach too and so much more. More than enough to fill those 7 days off from work. :) Happy playing.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic