Introducing erikolsen to Totally Guitars

Lavallee

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Introduce your name and location here

My name is Erik. I live on Long Island, New York.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

I'm fourteen, and I just started playing guitar in the last month or so. My father played when he was younger and he recently bought a guitar again and started playing again. I decided that it looked like fun so he bought me a guitar to play.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Epiphone acoustic-electric and a Fender Squier HSS Strat. Also a Fender G-DEC 30 Amp.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I am learning Boston, "More than a feeling", The Beatles, "Here comes the sun", and of course Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to heaven". I would like to learn all of the Boston songs. Especially the first couple albums.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I want to be able to play a lot of different songs. Rock, country, folk and jazz.

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I'm a student. I learn as an occupation.

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

I play golf, I'm on the high school team. (while in jr. high)