Introducing somethingmoretosay to Totally Guitars

somethingmoretosay

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Introduce your name and location here

Hi, I'm Kim. I live with my family in New York, on Long Island.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

I'm almost 16, I took up guitar very recently. I haven't been playing long at all, just getting curious about what I can do with my instrument. My brother set me up here.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I like the Epiphone acoustic-electric, we have a few other guitars too, but I like this one. We have a nice G-DEC 30 amplifier.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I hardly play more than Here Comes the Sun, so far. I listen to the Beatles a lot, and folky type things, sometimes U2-ish stuff too. I would like to learn lots of Beatles stuff, and folky stuff.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

Oh... learn all the Beatles songs I can. Gosh, that's not going to be easy at all. That, and be able to write something of my own, at some point. Maybe. Who knows?

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I'm just a kid, I go to high school. Don't have a job yet, I'd like to get one. My ultimate job: rock and roll historian.

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

I'm a reader, a writer, a sort-of poet, a music-lover, a learner, an appreciator, and, hopefully, a guitarist.